Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Set in their ways

Hybrid View

Default Set in their ways

Have you ever been introduced to a group of people that are just so ridiculously set in their ways as far as social interactions go? It's almost like things happen on cue and you have no room to speak. And then even if you try and force in a comment, most of them or all of them ignore you. You don't sense even the slightest bit of inclusiveness.

I truly don't get it. Do people feel like they have something with their freinds that makes them feel good, and they become so attached to it that they're scared that mere possibility of someone else joining in could somehow ruin it? I can't stand the monotony of the same people every night. So when new people are introduced, I'm natrually intrested (unless I get a bad vibe), and I go out of my way to be inclusive. To some extent, it's possible that it's just a personality trait (being more inclusive or exclusive to a new guest). But then you get to a certain point and damn...I just think it's fucking creepy.

This is just something that annoys me and I feel like complaining about, because it happened to me tonight and plenty of other occasions...
    Last edited by bighead384; 01-28-2010 at 11:07 PM.

My friends and I do that a lot. You know who we do it to? People we don't like. People just don't like you.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    My friends and I do that a lot. You know who we do it to? People we don't like. People just don't like you.
    Like I said, I do it too if I get a bad vibe. But there have been plenty of times where I highly doubt that that's the case. I'll acknowledge that it's possible that "people just not liking me" could be an explanation for at least some of these experiences. But on the other hand, I'm sorry, but sometimes it seems like this happens before I get a chance to make any impression whatsoever.
    Last edited by bighead384; 01-28-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I'll acknowledge that it's possible that "people just not liking me" could be an explanation for at least some of these experiences. But on the other hand, I'm sorry, but sometimes it seems like this happens before I get a chance to make any impression whatsoever.
    maybe it's because you look retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthz View Post
    Good thread.

Are these groups like friends of a friend? Or are you just walking up on random groups of people chilling at the mall or something?
    I wrote a four word letter.

dood. real punx dont chill around looking for mall pussy. what would justin sane say?
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthz View Post
    Good thread.

And then even if you try and force in a comment, most of them or all of them ignore you. You don't sense even the slightest bit of inclusiveness.
    I bet you long for the days when people just wouldn't give you some damn french fries.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I bet you long for the days when people just wouldn't give you some damn french fries.
    I checked who was online, and I saw you reading that thread!

Oh cool. If you could do that in real life maybe people would like you.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Ok I'm done pretending to be mean.

Do people feel like they have something with their freinds that makes them feel good, and they become so attached to it that they're scared that mere possibility of someone else joining in could somehow ruin it?
    Sometimes, yeah, probably. Other times they just have formed this natural dynamic and it will understandably take time for you to find a way to slip into that in a way which doesn't feel forced. And sometimes they just don't know how to include you, in which case they probably feel as uncomfortable as you do. So in conclusion I'd say there's no definitive answer. It depends.