Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Set in their ways

Default Set in their ways

Have you ever been introduced to a group of people that are just so ridiculously set in their ways as far as social interactions go? It's almost like things happen on cue and you have no room to speak. And then even if you try and force in a comment, most of them or all of them ignore you. You don't sense even the slightest bit of inclusiveness.

I truly don't get it. Do people feel like they have something with their freinds that makes them feel good, and they become so attached to it that they're scared that mere possibility of someone else joining in could somehow ruin it? I can't stand the monotony of the same people every night. So when new people are introduced, I'm natrually intrested (unless I get a bad vibe), and I go out of my way to be inclusive. To some extent, it's possible that it's just a personality trait (being more inclusive or exclusive to a new guest). But then you get to a certain point and damn...I just think it's fucking creepy.

This is just something that annoys me and I feel like complaining about, because it happened to me tonight and plenty of other occasions...
    Last edited by bighead384; 01-29-2010 at 12:07 AM.

My friends and I do that a lot. You know who we do it to? People we don't like. People just don't like you.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    My friends and I do that a lot. You know who we do it to? People we don't like. People just don't like you.
    Like I said, I do it too if I get a bad vibe. But there have been plenty of times where I highly doubt that that's the case. I'll acknowledge that it's possible that "people just not liking me" could be an explanation for at least some of these experiences. But on the other hand, I'm sorry, but sometimes it seems like this happens before I get a chance to make any impression whatsoever.
    Last edited by bighead384; 01-28-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I'll acknowledge that it's possible that "people just not liking me" could be an explanation for at least some of these experiences. But on the other hand, I'm sorry, but sometimes it seems like this happens before I get a chance to make any impression whatsoever.
    maybe it's because you look retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthz View Post
    Good thread.

Are these groups like friends of a friend? Or are you just walking up on random groups of people chilling at the mall or something?
    I wrote a four word letter.

dood. real punx dont chill around looking for mall pussy. what would justin sane say?
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthz View Post
    Good thread.

I don't get the complaining. It's always more comfortable to talk with your friends, avoiding the small talk, the get-to-know-you talk... real talk. People you can trust. Sure, I love meeting new people, but when I'm with my close friends, I'm always more interested in talking to them than a new person. And what's the WORST is when you're the new person, and you feel like the group has paused for you. They can't seem to carry on like normal because someone new is there, and so you're on the spot. They keep asking you questions and expecting you to talk to all of them a lot.

I much prefer that the group goes on like normal, and I work my way in by talking to someone one-on-one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    It's always more comfortable to talk with your friends, avoiding the small talk, the get-to-know-you talk... real talk. People you can trust. Sure, I love meeting new people, but when I'm with my close friends, I'm always more interested in talking to them than a new person.
    I agree and I think everyone does this to an extent. It's just that I seem to have come across people that take it a little too far in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Are these groups like friends of a friend? Or are you just walking up on random groups of people chilling at the mall or something?
    Friends of a friend.

I'm not sure this is worth layperson-psychological-profile-building. They may just not like you, as has been mentioned. So why waste the energy wondering why they're shutting you out? They clearly are, so wouldn't that energy be better spent seeking out people who do like you?
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

It is interesting.

I am not sure it has to do with how much they like you or not. I am this kind of group with some of my best friends... Occasionally, we do some efforts when one of them present us his/her new girlfriend but even in that case, it does take us a huge effort...

It's not that we don't want to, but we hang out together so often that we have our private joke and our way to function... It has nothing to do with how much we like the person. Not to mention that all of us have studied law for at least 3 years and law jokes are kind of... hu... special...

My boyfriend doesn't really like to hang out with us because of that, and surely I don't dislike him... my friends like him too...

I had to bear some evenings like that. It takes a lot of effort to try to get into the conversation and I usually hate it... the truth is, sometime, you can't avoid it. I guess the only thing to do is to spend as little time as possible in the place...

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !