Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JohnnyNemesis and LittleMiss1565 were pathetic.

Default JohnnyNemesis and LittleMiss1565 were pathetic.

Ok, maybe not totally pathetic, I just wanted a inflammatory title. But even looking back now, those people were just...very typical of the type of progressive hipsters that I can't stand. Maybe there's a better way to describe it then that, but that's what comes to mind right now and it actually is a good starting point when describing them.

Nemesis was all gung-ho about his brown power and racial equality, but he had the personality of a white hipster/progressive. lol. Still to this day, I've yet to meet anyone of a similar background as his who acts like that. He was incredibly biased, pretentious as shit, and mean as hell. But it wasn't enough that he just be mean, he seemed to have some obsession with the idea that he should be allowed to be mean. He'd probably say some bullshit like "I accept that I'm mean, I'm not denying it..." but we all know that anytime anyone ever tried to call him out on being an over-the-top dick, he'd fight it till death. That's the type of "admission" that manipulative people are accustomed to. Nemesis was mean-spirited in the way that Sin Studly was, except Nemesis was defensive about it. He's probably still like this. And for all his arrogant pretentiousness, Nemesis really never seemed as smart as he led on. It seemed that all he was any good at was the talking points battle...the quips and such. Very rarely did I see him make a really well-reasoned point with statistical backing. I remember a prominent member called him out on this one time (Nemesis had claimed that he USED to get into long drawn-out arguments, but had stopped doing so in recent times due to his personal time-constraints). This member just replied "Hmmm...can't seem to remember that" and it struck me as a wonderfully subtle way to call bullshit.

1565....ugh. I spent so much time criticizing her on here that there's really not much else to say. Like Nemesis, she also never really seemed as smart as her arrogance suggested. I'd give her the edge over Nemesis though, to be honest. She seemed mostly humorless...unable to laugh at herself. That's one personality trait I can't stand and I think it speaks volumes about a person, which is convenient for me in this case. Beyond this, she was a pretty typical "big city liberal" as I used to say. As far as her moderating, maybe a good bit of what she did was perfectly justifiable, but I still say that there was a ton of it that was bullshit based on biased exaggerations and interpretations of behavior. And like, she would ALWAYS be in these terrible arguments. Her excuse was that people would attack her so she defended herself. Looking back now, it seems unbelievable that she didn't know how to just handle these situations without provoking the other person. She had a passive-aggresive, often subtle way of leaving people extremely pissed anytime there was a disagreement. My contention is that on some level, she knew she was doing this, but the passive-aggresive nature of HOW she did it made it difficult for some people to spot. I'd liken handling these situations the sensible way to dealing with a disgruntled asshole over the phone in a professional setting: you're trying to use the most sterile, unoffensive language as possible to reduce the stress in your day. It's really not that hard. But put 1565 in that same situation, and she'd be using all these passive-agressive quips that subtlety tow the line of antagonization and then wondering why she's having so many arguments. LOL.

Honestly, beyond revising a few points, I don't think I'd take back much of what I said. These two were annoying douches with a few commendable redeeming traits. Actually, there really were some good things about these two, but I'm not going to focus on that right now. lol.
    Last edited by bighead384; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:16 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

1 members appreciate this post.

I wanted both of them to like me, and somehow got along with JN for a good while. Then I grew up and realized they were both dicks with a great deal of unfounded and misplaced arrogance/pretension. I unfriended them on FB a few years ago.
    Last edited by Llamas; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I never had a problem with 1565 but JohnnyNemesis was an asshole. I remember the first time I came on here I thought it was awful a moderator was flaming the shit out of new users it seemed like every other post by him was insulting someone

About JN, my analysis wouldn't be as developed because he always seemed to answer with a very short and mean sentence to everything. And sometimes, I didn't understand what he posted...

As for LM, se was actually the first person I had difficulties with on the Internet. She seemed to think I was a troll when really, I wasn't. .

Also, I was exasperated by the fact that she pretended never to recall who I was, even after 2 years of regular posting. Even back then, we were like 15 regular users... Of course she'd remember. And she was a terrible, terrible mod, really. When you're a mod, you don't close a thread during an argument after your last long message explaining why the other one is a dick.

Now, I noticed that most people are very very different on the Internet and IRL, so I give them the benefice of the doubt because I basically don't know them. And they seem to have gotten back to real and disconnected life. Or maybe just facebook.

Aren't we the pathetic ones, coming here day after day ? Forums are so 2000s.
    Last edited by Harleyquiiinn; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:30 PM.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

This is a disappointing bighead thread as I generally enjoy bighead threads. I don't particularly care for this kind of thread, however.

Bighead, man, you're so much more likable when you're not obsessing over these two individuals. C'mon dude, you're better than this.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    This is a disappointing bighead thread as I generally enjoy bighead threads. I don't particularly care for this kind of thread, however.

Bighead, man, you're so much more likable when you're not obsessing over these two individuals. C'mon dude, you're better than this.
    Well, I just thought it was time for a retrospective view of those two. I mean, they were both controversial for reasons other than their arguments with me, so I thought it might be an opportunity for other people to look back on them and say what they really thought.

Admittedly, calling them progressive hipsters is a pretty stale routine, especially from me, but I sort of just wanted to start a discussion somehow.

Also, this place is dead, like so dead that this statement seems inadequate. So yeah.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

100% agree.

I got along with both of them pretty well at the time, but I fucking hate most of the shit I posted back then, so we probably only got along in a let's-all-be-dicks-together circle jerk kind of way. But I'm pretty sure that neither of them were bad people- they probably just got caught up in the whole leet-cyberbully culture like I did.

JN was actually pretty good about reflecting on his own past dickish behavior and he wasn't afraid to talk about the insecurities that he had about such things. I bet he'd be cool if he started posting again.

Harley, I'm surprised to hear you say that about Sarah. I distinctly remember when she called you one of the best newer members. Now granted, "newer" to her meant that you'd been posting for 3 years instead of 12, and she probably should have noticed you sooner, but she respected you and it actually made me notice and appreciate your posts more when she said that. I guess that's why I remember it. It was kind of lame how she acted like being a moderator on a declining rock band's forum was a legitimate huge source of stress in her life, but I found myself agreeing with most of her mod decisions. On the rare occasion that I posted in GOD, it was usually to reinforce what she said, but in a more chill and humorous way. I guess I'm bragging, but I felt like she needed that. I do agree with what bighead is saying about her argument style. Though I thought her mod decisions were good, no sound and resolute mod should ever be involved in as many or as lengthy petty arguments as she was.

Upon reflection, I kind of miss them both. The fact that several other posters whom I respect seem to have turned against them in their older and wiser years is fine and doesn't diminish my respect for those posters, but I disagree. If that means that I'm slow to mature then so be it. I liked those two cats.
    Last edited by XYlophonetreeZ; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:49 PM.
    My previous signature was getting old. This is my new one.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Very rarely did I see him make a really well-reasoned point with statistical backing. I remember a prominent member called him out on this one time (Nemesis had claimed that he USED to get into long drawn-out arguments, but had stopped doing so in recent times due to his personal time-constraints). This member just replied "Hmmm...can't seem to remember that" and it struck me as a wonderfully subtle way to call bullshit.
    I do believe this was Al Coholic. I remember something similar happening as well.

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ
    I got along with both of them pretty well at the time, but I fucking hate most of the shit I posted back then, so we probably only got along in a let's-all-be-dicks-together circle jerk kind of way. But I'm pretty sure that neither of them were bad people- they probably just got caught up in the whole leet-cyberbully culture like I did.
    With a few exceptions (ruroken comes immediately to mind), I don't know if they were really "cyber-bullies," but there was definitely an intellectual elitism around here that they were a part of (but it certainly extended past them). This board has some of the brightest people I've ever encountered, so I DO understand how such a thing could arise, but I always had to roll my eyes at the lengths they would go to deny that there was any kind of elitism going on. But you have to keep in mind how long some of the OG's had been around this place. I signed up in '04, only a month after the current forum model took off, and I was a newcomer even back then to quite a few people. After being in a "society" like that for so long, it's understandable that a box can tend to form, and you only want people like you and the others in the box to be included. All in all, I think 1565 was a good mod, but now I kind of think that mods were never necessary around here, really. I remember a couple of good posters quitting the forum because of the dumb power-tripping that ensued.

I don't care what anyone says about Sin Studly. That guy was the man and that's that.

Oh, and I think I miss TUNB the most.