Thread: Looking to speed up my gaming computer

Default Looking to speed up my gaming computer

First off, I do have a pretty darn nice gaming pc. I'm just looking to get an upgrade that could potentially reduce the occasional framerate drops I have in some higher-end games. I had my rig custom built with the following specs:

i5-3570 3.4 GHZ processor
    GTX 670 2GB DDR5 video card
    8 GB (2x4 GB) DDR3 1600 MHZ memory
    2TB SATA 6GB/s 7200rpm hard drive
    GA-Z77-HD3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

I don't know too much about the motherboard (I just copied the title from newegg's site) so I'm wondering if it would be worth it to get a new one to avoid bottlenecking? I know buying more RAM would be the easiest/cheapest addition, but would it really help with performance at this point? Or would it be worth it to buy a second video card and go the crossfire route? Or should I just stop complaining and enjoy the nice system I have?
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Or should I just stop complaining and enjoy the nice system I have?
    I think at this point you owe it to yourself to finetune the hell out of that nice system. You're almost there. Don't settle now.

Not that I know much about computers.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I admittedly only do research regarding hardware when I'm looking for something new myself, in which case I get really into it for a few days and then almost completely forget everything I learned after I actually buy something. Anyways, I own a reasonably decent gaming laptop, which, despite being like 3 years old still runs most things pretty well. Although I recently tried running some PS2 and Wii emulators on it and had a lot of trouble and realized that apparently my computer (and lots of others) had their processor speeds capped at lower than it's advertised speed by the BIOS, which I was able to fix it by running throttle stop. It made my computer run considerably faster without overclocking or anything, just making it run as fast as it's supposed to. While it didn't make the emulators run perfectly (they're REALLY processor intensive and aren't optimized for multi-core processors) it did make them much more playable than they were before. Not sure if this will help with you, but it's worth a shot.