View Poll Results: How do you pronounce 'Jojan'?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • j-oh-jan

25 92.59%
  • hee-oh-han

2 7.41%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BBS Podcast Episode 1

Default BBS Podcast Episode 1

Holy hell, we're finally releasing the first episode!

BBS Podcast Episode 1
    Right Click > Save As | Click to stream it

In our introductory episode, we discuss all that these forums have to offer, everything that's been happening in the world of The Offspring, and we discuss one of the most important issues today: the pronunciation of 'Jojan'.

Songs Featured
    Lightning Rod Live - The Offspring
    Forever and a Day - The BBS
    Hey Bartender - Sustain

Contributors
    Homer (Carson)
    iGustavo (Gus)
    ad8 (Adrian)
    Blitz! (Marika)

Opinions? Criticisms? Blatant insults of our intelligence? Let us know!

By the way, when Adrian says 'Carson's backup vocals featured on Youtube', he's talking about this modern-day epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP3A5m6XPSs
    Last edited by Homer; 02-11-2010 at 12:01 AM.

So far, I'm a fan. Only criticism would be that sometimes you guys sound like your searching for words, but for a first time it's good, it'll probably come along with time.

HEY, ME, NOT RAPTOR on Forever and a Day.

Well you did say ryder88 first haha, that's kinda close

Update on Ignition: Dirty Magic in the works as well, and working on Nothing From Something. all i know

Thanks for the comments on my band guys Got a song for the mixtape in the works, so something new to talk about soon.

PS maaaan, I haven't even been in the poll for artist of the month! can I be included in the poll at least?

Id take a shot at the podcast but I'm not good at conversations... I wouldnt really have anything to say
    Last edited by Ryder1234; 02-09-2010 at 11:45 PM.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

Hey people, this is awesome! I love your voices, Marika has a really really nice voice. And it was also nice to hear Gustavo again
    Can't wait for part 2 and 3 and 4 and........... 567187165465767637

and yeah, Czechoslovakia thread is THE BEST and it's YOYAN. Johan Ohler
    Last edited by Bejka; 02-10-2010 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    HEY, ME, NOT RAPTOR on Forever and a Day.y
    Don't worry, in the end they're gonna find out we are the same person anyway

But yeah, i had nothing to do with it, i only participated on 2 covers from RAFRAG, i did guitars for Trust In You and Takes Me Nowhere.

I have to check this out

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Awesome! I was surprised to hear that this thing actually happened, seeing as I hadn't heard about it in months. Then another wave of surprise hit when I heard who was involved. Good lineup. What the hell happened to Gustavo about halfway through, though? He sounded like he was in the coliseum, so maybe the arena goblins got him.

A couple of notes:

-I can listen to Adrian's voice all day.
    -Carson has the perfect name for radio (and a face to match! *rimshot*). And great job hosting.
    -A little accent love for Marika. Love it. And you're exactly the same on the BBS as in that podcast. It's cool.
    -You guys should put some music in the background when you're talking. Just like a loop of something instrumental. I guess it'd have to be at a low volume, though, as some people could be hard to hear.
    -I think it could do with a little tightening up. It was entertaining the whole time, but you can't go wrong with 20 or 30 minutes.
    -It could be cool to have a couple of minutes of off-off-topic discussions. Like stuff that's not about the board, current events and your opinions on this/that and such. But maybe I've been listening to too many comedians' podcasts. We can't all riff for two hours about public school lunches like Adam Carolla.

I'm just impressed. Another reason why Gustavo is a genius. Good job again, guys. I gotta get in on this one of the next few times. It's a bit different than I expected. I'd suck at a one-on-one conversation like I thought this'd be, but I may be a few percent less awkward in this "round table" format.

Oh, and C. Yo-han.
    Last edited by randman21; 02-10-2010 at 04:54 AM.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Oh shit I clicked reply, and now it stopped playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Ugh I'm listening to this podcast on my firefox player, and I can't move it forward. So when I accidentally navigated from the page a second time I am now forced to wait 20 minutes to get back to where I was before. Stupid annoying firefox.

Anyways, sometimes I can barely understand a word from Blitz!. I don't know if it's because my laptop speakers are total crap or not, but I suspect that that might only be part of the reason. Just sometimes its like 50% of her sound is missing per second. Also once again I'm surprised he's a girl. I don't know how you'd fix that, but it might make more sense to cut her out of the discussion parts and give her like a 'column' or a monologue about something. It might make her sound quality better and more comprehensible because I think it might have to do with having 4 people being able to talk at once or something. At least its only sometimes. Also next time she should say 'you cheaky fuckin' prawn'.

I also found the discussions a little hard to follow as some people talk louder and clearer than others, and some others have a harder accent to follow. (Although everyone spoke a high level of English). Also the first 20 minutes about the Offspring got kind of boring. I don't know if you should mix it up a little more, or just cut down some of the details that aren't necessary. Although you're in a tough spot with this regards, wanting to include everybody you have to find a way to include the more the more avid fans, and the fans who are more laid-back. Personally I got bored, I haven't heard RAFRAG yet. It would've been cooler to hear a live version from that album. The quality of Lightning Rod was pretty impressive though, live versions usually suck.

This is all supposed to be constructive criticism as I am enjoying listening to this podcast (and usually I get bored more easily), and its been interesting so far. So interesting in fact, that I am waiting those 20 minutes for it to catch up to where I was last in order for me to continue it.

So yeah it's good. I'd say less group discussion and banter, and perhaps more monologues or 'columns'. I suppose that'd also be easier to organize over a greater geographical area and people could also focus and say what they want to a greater degree. (Not saying you should get rid of the group discussions totally).

p.s. Bejka's right about Jojan. Yoyan.

That cover was pretty awesome.

I enjoyed this through and through, good job all of you! As has been said by others, a more condensed version would be great, but it was entertaining nonetheless.
    Don´t take life too seriously... you’ll never escape it alive anyway

Thoughts on the final 30 minutes. I said I liked the cover and I did. I had no idea that Carson sings like a girl, and that 1565 sings like a man. (Lol, humor.)

So far (and this is just guessing) but it looks like the pod-cast was split up roughly in the following manner:

20 min: Offspring
    10 min. General Chat
    15 min. Your Band

Which is fine. Your Band has a lot more work put into it, with relatively little attention so it deserves a closer eye. I liked Dff's band, sounded pretty good. Like a mumbly version of old school green day. I'd say if you're only giving General Chat 10 min. out of a 50 min. podcast, the summary should be a little more organized, as it sounds like you sort of thought of something to talk about, but instead decided to skim the forum for more to talk about. I get the dilemma, whatever you mention will be out of date by the time we hear of it. Also having to find something to talk about. I'd say avoid mentioning threads and try to think of 'events' that happened. Which I guess just makes your jobs harder.

Also what could be interesting would be maybe a couple minutes on site news. For some reason that thread sometimes has interesting topics. I'd also say you should talk about the Politics forum, but it's become ridiculously boring and over-the-top predictable.

But I liked it. Homer has a great voice for radio, reminds me of Seth Rogen at the end of Pineapple Express. It was all fairly entertaining and enjoyable to listen to. I'd like to be in your podcast but I'm simply too lazy to coordinate anything, and poor at planning stuff on the internet like with time zones and stuff. Also I'm lazy and forgetful.

You guys should interview tizz, she has like a webshop and stuff.

p.s. I want to underline that I really enjoyed your podcast, and that my criticism is constructive and not meant in any way to hint that I didn't enjoy it. I did. I'm just not very good at the compliment sandwich.