Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My first portrait

Default My first portrait

This is of no one in particular but it is the first one I have done(without the help of someone else) so I wanted to know what you guys think of it. You can be honest but please don't be mean!

What do you guys think!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Reading this thread made me throw up.
    Because I'm already sick and the color scheme must have set me off. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Also, sometimes I'm not sober. Sometimes I make threads when I'm not sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    You're too late. I've already infiltrated the Offspring forums. Next, it's the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Cranking it into a red solo cup while watching 40 year old re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie all the while snorting black pepper and knocking back shots of Jack.

are your eyes naturally that close together?
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthz View Post
    Good thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyCrack View Post
    are your eyes naturally that close together?
    actually yes. u have the same space in between your two eyes as another eye so say your eye was an inch wide(side to side) there would be an inch in between. from the very side of your head to the other there is exactly enough space for five eyes
    Because I'm already sick and the color scheme must have set me off. Sorry about that.
    You're too late. I've already infiltrated the Offspring forums. Next, it's the world!
    Cranking it into a red solo cup while watching 40 year old re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie all the while snorting black pepper and knocking back shots of Jack.

mmmmmm moustache
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthz View Post
    Good thread.

Slithering around in the folds of your brain.

Smile

The proportions look fine to me, though I don't think there would be quite that much space between your nose and lips. It looks like it has a lot of potential. My advice as of current is to put it away (I'm assuming you're done with it right now) and go back to it later so that the image will be fresh to your eyes and you'll have an easier time finding any faults that don't appear to you now.

(And don't worry, I'm not being mean by any means so don't take what I say the wrong way. I'm an art student myself and critique's, depending on your instructor and classmates, can be quite brutal and hard to sit through. It does look pretty good from my standpoint, just keep it up and keep practicing.)

Quote Originally Posted by littleCentipede View Post
    The proportions look fine to me, though I don't think there would be quite that much space between your nose and lips. It looks like it has a lot of potential. My advice as of current is to put it away (I'm assuming you're done with it right now) and go back to it later so that the image will be fresh to your eyes and you'll have an easier time finding any faults that don't appear to you now.

(And don't worry, I'm not being mean by any means so don't take what I say the wrong way. I'm an art student myself and critique's, depending on your instructor and classmates, can be quite brutal and hard to sit through. It does look pretty good from my standpoint, just keep it up and keep practicing.)
    Thank You! I know it has flaws. Practice makes perfect!

Practice does make perfect.It still looks really nice.

When did you draw it?

I started at about 9:40ish Pm and ended about ten minutes before I made this thread! And Thank You!

Your subject looks a wee bit sad. I know! Try drawing her in a picture with,,, umm,,, Dexter! Yeah, and see if that makes her happy!
    The g Factor is to be God-smacked...