Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 311 The Offspring Summer Unity Tour 2010

Default 311 The Offspring Summer Unity Tour 2010

Well its official! 311 announced in between sets last night at 311 day that the summer unity tour features The Offspring.

I am super pumped about this because both are my to favorite bands, but how do you guys think that the sets are gonna be broken up?

I am hoping for 1:30 Offspring and 1:30 311, but I have a bad feeling it is gonna be some crappy opener before, then 1:00 Offspring, then 1:30 311.

What do you guys think?

Question

who are 311?? never heard of em!

Quote Originally Posted by defyuk View Post
    who are 311?? never heard of em!
    You might recognize these songs:

Down
    All Mixed Up
    Beautiful Disaster
    Come Original

Im hoping that 311 and The Offspring both play equal sets. But, to see two very epic bands at one show is already awesome enough so im happy that i can see The Offspring even if it is for 1 hour. Im sure that after their new album comes out they will have a proper headlining tour either in the fall or next year.

Oh, I've always wondered about that "Beautiful Disaster" song - it's pretty neat, perhaps their heaviest tune? It's nice. However, The Offspring's stuff just hits the spot better.
    The g Factor is to be God-smacked...

well, I'm pumped both put on great shows!

and for anyone wanted something heavier, check out Feels So Good, Fuck the Bullshit, etc

Default making sure i get this

so 311 is the headliner of this tour? I think that is kind of an odd match up, but as long as i get to see offspring i dont care who else they are playing with.
    Why are Noodles' glasses so thick?
    Because size matters.

I used to love The Offspring when I was little. They were my favourite band until I turned 12 and found 311. I haven't cared to listen to The Offspring since they released Americana. But I haven't seen them live and I'm optimistic about seeing my favourite band from my childhood along with my all time favourite band.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagepunkrock7 View Post
    so 311 is the headliner of this tour? I think that is kind of an odd match up, but as long as i get to see offspring i dont care who else they are playing with.
    I think the point of 311's Unity Tours is to match up bands and expose fans to different styles.

That's what's so cool about them! I look forward to seeing Offspring live again... as well as 311!

311 puts on a hell of a show

I saw them a couple years ago with pepper and the wailers. Much better live than I expected

Seems like people on here either dont like them or have never heard of them?