Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need suggestions and your opinion!!

Sounds good! Do you guys have some records / videos? I would like to hear your band Or you can take some videos at the club.

Talking

There are no recordings yet, but I plan to tape the event, and maybe a rehearsal , and maybe another presentation before the event... oh man, I'm thinking about this all day long, I'm very excited!!
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

Well... my project is in a hiatus right now because the other guitarist is working fulltime now... but it's not dead, so... I've been thinking about this a lot, for the last 4 months or so, and I changed (again) the setlist, I think it is PERFECT now:

0-CO1 intro
    1-Hammerhead
    2-OP
    3-YGGF,K
    4-All I want
    5-(CGM)HAY
    6-Pretty fly
    7-Bad Habit
    8-WYB
    00-Intermission (gonna have to rest my voice and have a couple Ricola cough drops...)
    9-HYE?
    10-SATS
    11-Genocide
    12-Hit that
    13-SGI
    14-CO&P
    15-WDYGAJ?
    16-Self Esteem
    18-TKAA

Seriously, make a playlist with this songs and you'll see why I'm saying it's perfect... well, I would like to hear your oppinion, thanks!

-Gotta love bots...

I've always wanted to make a "Offspring tribute band" but I still don't have any right bandmates/people for that job. So my next suggestions are:

-Great job on making that idea come true

-Don't ask audience while preforming what song to play. That's lame and U'll born the audience to death, because it'll look like U are not sure what are U doing on stage, and that you are not a confident musician

-Don't worry about what's audience is going to think of what songs you should play. Just play songs. If you play it correctly - they'll like it

-As for the set list - It's great to play b- sides songs, and ballads. If you have enough equipment and people to do any offspring song (and you should have 2 guitarists, bass, drummer, singer, keyboard), just play them.

-Mine opinion is that you should play Bad Habit and Can't repeat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o3uC0jB_0g - This is a rare Offspring live video on HIT MACHINE 1999 - TKAA live. Check it Out

Quote Originally Posted by offsrx View Post
    I've always wanted to make a "Offspring tribute band" but I still don't have any right bandmates/people for that job. So my next suggestions are:

-Great job on making that idea come true

-Don't ask audience while preforming what song to play. That's lame and U'll born the audience to death, because it'll look like U are not sure what are U doing on stage, and that you are not a confident musician

-Don't worry about what's audience is going to think of what songs you should play. Just play songs. If you play it correctly - they'll like it

-As for the set list - It's great to play b- sides songs, and ballads. If you have enough equipment and people to do any offspring song (and you should have 2 guitarists, bass, drummer, singer, keyboard), just play them.

-Mine opinion is that you should play Bad Habit and Can't repeat

I agree with all of that. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    Well... my project is in a hiatus right now because the other guitarist is working fulltime now... but it's not dead, so... I've been thinking about this a lot, for the last 4 months or so, and I changed (again) the setlist, I think it is PERFECT now:

0-CO1 intro
    1-Hammerhead
    2-OP
    3-YGGF,K
    4-All I want
    5-(CGM)HAY
    6-Pretty fly
    7-Bad Habit
    8-WYB
    00-Intermission (gonna have to rest my voice and have a couple Ricola cough drops...)
    9-HYE?
    10-SATS
    11-Genocide
    12-Hit that
    13-SGI
    14-CO&P
    15-WDYGAJ?
    16-Self Esteem
    18-TKAA

Seriously, make a playlist with this songs and you'll see why I'm saying it's perfect... well, I would like to hear your oppinion, thanks!
    Seriously, learn to type out real words... Wtf is SATS?

Also, End of the Line is totally underrated as a live song. I would literally kill to hear the Offspring play it live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

All I can suggest to you dude is go with your gut. Play whatever songs you like, man.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Seriously, learn to type out real words... Wtf is SATS?

Also, End of the Line is totally underrated as a live song. I would literally kill to hear the Offspring play it live.
    Staring At The Sun

NOOB!

-Gotta love bots...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post

0-CO1 intro
    1-Hammerhead
    2-OP
    3-YGGF,K
    4-All I want
    5-(CGM)HAY
    6-Pretty fly
    7-Bad Habit
    8-WYB
    9-HYE?
    10-SATS
    11-Genocide
    12-Hit that
    13-SGI
    14-CO&P
    15-WDYGAJ?
    16-Self Esteem
    18-TKAA

I would definitely play Long way home...it's very fast and very catchy for audience...and I would skip Hammerhead,but that's just my opinion too long song and kinda boring...and I like your idea with She's got issues,it's a cool,but underrated song...and it's really tough to sing this song...and maybe instead of staring at the sun I'd play Leave it behind...but,that would be just my choice,so keep it,how you want it to be I'm looking forward to some records...
    I've got one question...do you tune down your guitars before the concert or do you play it same as in original ? I'm just curious,because you need to have a great singer to manage She's got isuues....good luck,man
    I know you wanna hit that

Quote Originally Posted by dexterone View Post
    I would definitely play Long way home...it's very fast and very catchy for audience...and I would skip Hammerhead,but that's just my opinion too long song and kinda boring...and I like your idea with She's got issues,it's a cool,but underrated song...and it's really tough to sing this song...and maybe instead of staring at the sun I'd play Leave it behind...but,that would be just my choice,so keep it,how you want it to be I'm looking forward to some records...
    I've got one question...do you tune down your guitars before the concert or do you play it same as in original ? I'm just curious,because you need to have a great singer to manage She's got issues....good luck,man
    Well, it's a tough job, but I can accomplish singing in standard tuning (E A D G B E), I think the songs sound much better that way rather than pitching them down, the only song that gives me trouble is WDYGAJ? I guess I'll have to pull that one half step down, but I'm considering taking that one out of the setlist, I'm not really sure... I want some trumpets, man! And the steel drum!!

Thanks for your luck!
    Last edited by Lord Phidias; 08-24-2010 at 10:54 AM.

-Gotta love bots...