Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tea Thread

Default The Tea Thread

It's no secret that I don't really read the BBS very often, and when I do read things here, my selections is extremely limited. Therefore it didn't come to my attention until recently that there was a discussion about tea in the photo album.

I'd like to continue this conversation. I absolutely love tea, generally of all kinds. As I was born and raised in the south, sweet tea (aka iced tea) is a staple part of my life and I honestly can't fathom living without access to it. On a hot summer day you want something cold that isn't water... sweet tea. Up early and want something to perfectly accompany your chicken biscuits... sweet tea. So on and so forth; it's generally just a wonderful product.

But onto more worldly teas. I love those nearly as much as I do sweet tea. black English tea, whether simple breakfast or high quality Earl Grey, has an immense calming effect. Its warmth seeps into your veins and just generally calms you down. Mmmm. Caffeine or not, it has helped me get to sleep many a night.

And then of course there's green tea. Drinking green tea just generally makes me feel more... healthy? I'm not sure. I just feel like a more complete person after a nice cup. Even the cheap commercial brands can be excellent, see Lipton Green Tea with Citrus. It's also a great when sick; whether or not it has healing properties, holding a smoldering cup of green tea under a stopped up nose is nearly as good as any medicine.

White tea is interesting if only for all the possibilities. Pomegranate to Raspberry, the tastes it can embody are equally impressive and often times surprisingly good. It's generally not my first choice, but a well flavored white tea can make the most mediocre reading session enjoyable as your taste buds dance around.

Thoughts?

Black tea with milk and sugar is the best drink in the planet!!!

I'm also a big fan of tea. Just recently started drinking peppermint tea and also red bush/rooibos tea. Even though the peppermint tea is meant to be a hot drink, it's actually really refreshing, as you can probably imagine. The rooibos tea is decaff and I drink it most often. It has a kind of strange taste. It's like a smokey, woody taste but it's also naturally kinda sweet. I do drink normal english/breakfast tea or whatever you want to call it. I love Earl Grey and also Lady Grey tea. Lipton ice tea is surprisingly good. I'm a big fan of the peach one.
    "T H E R A P Y ? - Music to take your clothes off to"

I like flavored tea (I don't count sweet tea as flavored either) but I can't stand just plain old tea. I'm a huge Star Trek fan, so I decided to try Earl Grey (Picard's favorite tea) just out of curiousity and hated it.

Tea drinkers are socially shunned for a variety of good reasons....

1. they are different than us..
    2. saves everyone money only having to buy coffee
    3. they are probably much girlier for drinking tea, or if they're chicks, they're probably in their 30's and single. forever
    4. tea is like weaker and lamer coffee
    5. tea people always complain about how not enough people drink tea thus reinforcing their effeminate or bitch single 30 year old stereotype.
    6. has more carcinogens than cigarettes
    7. makes you look less cool.

p.s. one of those is not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Just like to add that I also drink coffee very often and most of the time it's black.

In other words, fux u.

I pretty much drink just Earl Grey with no milk or sugar. Although, sometimes if i'm feeling adventurous i'll have Orange Pekoe. I can't stand any of the "flavored" teas.

I also drink coffee on a fairly regular basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

I'm not a coffee guy at all. I'll occasionally have a cup of coffee with pie or something, but aside from that, it's not for me.

I love tea though. Pretty much any kind of tea besides sweet tea. Iced tea is amazing, I can drink it all day every day. But sweet tea just grosses me out. Sometimes my dads fridge will have both and I'll accidentally drink the sweet tea, I hate when that happens.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Tea drinkers are socially shunned for a variety of good reasons....

1. they are different than us..
    2. saves everyone money only having to buy coffee
    3. they are probably much girlier for drinking tea, or if they're chicks, they're probably in their 30's and single. forever
    4. tea is like weaker and lamer coffee
    5. tea people always complain about how not enough people drink tea thus reinforcing their effeminate or bitch single 30 year old stereotype.
    6. has more carcinogens than cigarettes
    7. makes you look less cool.

p.s. one of those is not true.
    I agree with all of them except #3 :P Well, I actually agree with #3, but I see nothing wrong with guys being girly - and look who's talking - you look girlier than any other guy here.

Oh, and I guess I don't agree with #6, but whatevs. The rest is all too true. Especially #4, #5, and #7.

I actually tried to become a tea drinker a few months ago because caffeine has a really horrible effect on me... and tea has considerably less caffeine. I was successful for a couple weeks, but then I decided to stop being a fag and drink shit that actually doesn't taste and smell like shit. Plus the lady I teach who is really fat and nasty, is in her 40s and single, has a huge gap between her front teeth, and lives and does everything alone is constantly drinking from a giant mug that says "I <3 TEA". It was a real eye-opener that I was heading down a truly dark path.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I have this delicious orchid vanilla tea from tea forte.....mmmmm. it's the best tea ever, no joke. i don't really like green tea. i like white tea, particularly honey dew white tea (I think it's made by republic of tea). and CHAI. i LOVE CHAI.

on a side note that everyone is getting on....i also drink coffee quite a bit, but i prefer espresso to just plain coffee.

i guess it's all about the dream