Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artist of the Month, April 2010

Default Artist of the Month, April 2010

Alright, so we have 2 winners of the poll, thus making it 2 Artists of the Month...

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

I didn't check to see who the other one was, but my vote goes to KD Shelton. Hopefully it's a sudden tie breaker.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Really? You have to decide between picking someone who's won at least once before, and someone brand new? *sigh...*
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Really? You have to decide between picking someone who's won at least once before, and someone brand new? *sigh...*
    I don't want this to turn unjust by doing some decision on my own. That's why I created this thread. After all, we wouldn't need a poll anyway if I were to decide stuff on my own.

I'd welcome KD Shelton as AotM, though.
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

My vote also goes to KD Shelton, awesome singer she deserves it! And I want to hear her on one of the next podcasts...

My vote goes to Against Belief.

But that doesn't really matter.

No offence Carson, you know that you rock and that I would vote for you any day but I believe the artist of the month should go to Karin this time around. Plus, I see she already got an extra vote ... so I suppose the decision has already been made.

The poll thing just starts to get really dumb, I think. It seems that it'll just turn into the same two or three people being aotm every month, and we never get to hear something new. I liked Vera's method better, where we had a different artist every month and she'd just pick someone who posted here who she thought was worth mention... rather than leaving an open poll and merely posting (repeatedly sometimes) whoever gets the most votes.

But whatevs. Your Band went downhill in general after she stopped modding :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

The poll thing just starts to get really dumb, I think. It seems that it'll just turn into the same two or three people being aotm every month, and we never get to hear something new. I liked Vera's method better, where we had a different artist every month and she'd just pick someone who posted here who she thought was worth mention... rather than leaving an open poll and merely posting (repeatedly sometimes) whoever gets the most votes.

I think Your Band went uphill even though she stopped modding. I'm sure that her ideas like the BBS Mixtape and the Artist of the Month award initiated this rise of the Your Band subforum but I think it was maintained by many users who have posted A LOT more the last 1 1/2 years.

Also, I think the poll is a good thing. It encourages new Your Band members to participate so they might get featured by the AotM award in case they impress the majority of the Your Band community. I think this makes Your Band a lot more attractive to new artists.

The Ricetigers

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

But that's not really how it works. The Aotm has been going on for 15 months and I am the only repeat winner. And as I have said, if I win again this year, I won't accept. I think it should be a rule that a single artist can't win within the same year, but I do think that someone should be allowed to win more than once EVER because things can change greatly from year to year. Plus if you don't have repeat winners, you pretty quickly end up electing bands that no one's ever heard of. Which, okay, can be cool, but there aren't really that many of us who a) have any music to share and b) post often enough to give a damn about this.

Also, aside from Vera being my favorite mod, evar, she didn't really do much that isn't being done by regular members now. The BBS Mixtape was Bazza's idea and Artist of the Month was Sheepy's. Your Band will never be what it could because no one who isn't us is interested, but I don't think it went too far downhill.
    Last edited by randman21; 04-02-2010 at 12:44 PM.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)