Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar effects for Offspring songs

Question Guitar effects for Offspring songs

How can I achieve to sound like the recording on the parts of the songs listed below:

-Original Prankster: main riff backing synth
    -Hit That: every keyboard parts
    -You're gonna go far, kid: pre-chorus riff
    -Hammerhead: intro
    -She's got issues: trademark riff
    -come out and play: egiptian riff

I can play guitar and I'm pretty good at it (at least fot The Off), but I don't know shit about guitar effects, and I don't possess any, just a footswitch for my crappy 30 W. Laney... so, if someone could tell me how do I achieve to get those sounds, I would really appreciate, I need it for my Offspring tribute http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41132, thanks!
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

Well a chorus is a good start for the coap riff.... Oh and I love your cox citation !!
    My Guitars cover channel

Batman Ninja guitars ---- > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsu...mNXVmfkL4Mi32Q

You can get synth sounds from a great pedal from Electro-harmonix called "Micro-Synth"

mild chorus, clean sound
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

their is an effect for Hammerhead? chorus effect for Shes got issues, COAP,

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    Well a chorus is a good start for the coap riff.... Oh and I love your cox citation !!
    Haha! Thanks!! Dr. Cox is awesome, even more than Dr. House, he emo!

Quote Originally Posted by findout5 View Post
    You can get synth sounds from a great pedal from Electro-harmonix called "Micro-Synth"

mild chorus, clean sound
    Wow, thanks!! I was debating myself between a chorus and a flanger, but wasn't sure, I'm noob at this guitar Fx shit...

-Gotta love bots...

u can go down the effects path but....
    if someone asks me how to get a good rock sound, the answer is always simple, theres nothing complicated about sounding good, a reasonably built guitar and a marshall tube amp, once you have used a tube amp you would never want anything else, yes effects can complement it nicely but when it comes to spending money, save up and get a tube amp. anything else is just a toy.
    i got a jcm2000 cab n head for like 900euros, second hand mint cond, the cabs a marshall but not the right cab, i will upgrade that asap, but its really the way to go trust me!
    noodles has also said something like this in an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by weezly View Post
    u can go down the effects path but....
    if someone asks me how to get a good rock sound, the answer is always simple, theres nothing complicated about sounding good, a reasonably built guitar and a marshall tube amp, once you have used a tube amp you would never want anything else, yes effects can complement it nicely but when it comes to spending money, save up and get a tube amp. anything else is just a toy.
    i got a jcm2000 cab n head for like 900euros, second hand mint cond, the cabs a marshall but not the right cab, i will upgrade that asap, but its really the way to go trust me!
    noodles has also said something like this in an interview.
    As I mentioned in the replica article, since you can't get the exact guitars they have, best bet to mimic the sounds is model the gear, i.e. pickups, amps and wood type. Dexter's is easier, since his is a Ibanez Prestige 1570 base, thus the wood, etc is the same. Noodles is the hard one since the Talmans aren't made anymore, at least not up to the level of the ones he plays.

yeah but i could always build ya one pretty close :P

Quote Originally Posted by apg1 View Post
    As I mentioned in the replica article, since you can't get the exact guitars they have, best bet to mimic the sounds is model the gear, i.e. pickups, amps and wood type. Dexter's is easier, since his is a Ibanez Prestige 1570 base, thus the wood, etc is the same. Noodles is the hard one since the Talmans aren't made anymore, at least not up to the level of the ones he plays.
    Damn... didn't know there was a replica article... I'm new to this forums shit... but anyways, I was asking about the effects because I'm just planning to play with my Offspring tribute band in a club, and well... I'm not buying a Tube amp just for the occasion, lol, maybe in the future when I save some money... I'll probably rent the backline for this, or borrow it from my friends, but I can buy a couple pedals... thanks for the advice!

-Gotta love bots...

Quote Originally Posted by apg1 View Post
    Oh yes, and well, the guitars... that will be hard too... Maybe I will play with a Fender Strat and a Fender Tele, but I don't think It will sound punk enough... maybe I'll just go with my Yamaha Pacifica, still haven't figured it out... maybe I will borrow an axe as well...

-Gotta love bots...