Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guitar effects for Offspring songs

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    Damn... didn't know there was a replica article... I'm new to this forums shit... but anyways, I was asking about the effects because I'm just planning to play with my Offspring tribute band in a club, and well... I'm not buying a Tube amp just for the occasion, lol, maybe in the future when I save some money... I'll probably rent the backline for this, or borrow it from my friends, but I can buy a couple pedals... thanks for the advice!
    Hey, no problem, wasn't trying to say it was listed in another article so check there or anything. Was just mentioning it was out there because I put a lot of info in it and didn't want to just quote it here because that might piss someone off to cover the same stuff.

Biggest thing I've learned with the offspring is get a good overdrive, not too much, but kinda just that right amount, then mess with the treble/bass/mids some and go for it. To truely mimic on some songs there is some chorus (Can't Repeat, etc) or a Leslie pedal to get that intro to Gone Away.

well u could always put a new humbucker in the strat or tele if one will fit in, if you want to go that way hit me up with a pm, a guy in usa builds awesome pickups for a great price.

Hey, Thanks a lot, apg1 and weezly... I'll think about the pickups, but for my Yamaha, cause the Strat is from the office, and the Tele is the 2nd guitarrist's axe, and what I figured was that I'm gonna need a chorus, an overdrive, maybe a distort for solos and stuff, and a wahwah, for can't repeat... and there's the synth issue... maybe I'll just get a synth, the parts are not really difficult, anyone can play 'em...
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    Hey, Thanks a lot, apg1 and weezly... I'll think about the pickups, but for my Yamaha, cause the Strat is from the office, and the Tele is the 2nd guitarrist's axe, and what I figured was that I'm gonna need a chorus, an overdrive, maybe a distort for solos and stuff, and a wahwah, for can't repeat... and there's the synth issue... maybe I'll just get a synth, the parts are not really difficult, anyone can play 'em...
    Np, and one other option, grab a Boss of Digitech multipedal. Can do the effects, and with a little work you can program it for each song pretty easy. Oh and both are under $200 for a decent one.