Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: CD/Vilyl/Cassette/8-Track

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Humboldt High
    Posts
    569


    Default CD/Vilyl/Cassette/8-Track

    I want to know... What was the first CD/Vinyl record/Casette tape/8-Track (<--- okay, some of you might be that old. idk.) you bought with your own money?

    Mine was Ignition and Ixnay on the Hombre (I bought them together)... by The Offspring of course.
    The first CD I owned was Rise and Fall Rage and Grace. I got it for Christmas of '08.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear
    Let's torch a random abortion clinic!
    I am SO against abortion. Let's kill everyone inside and prove my point.
    ^ I knew someone who actually thought like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681
    you can't trust wikipedia according to them offspring are on nitro records and noodles is in a band called rocket like a gift
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni
    they're in their 40s now for God's sake. What do you want from them, more songs about Killing the President and disrespecting authoritah? That'd be worse than if Green Day made another song about masturbation.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,069


    Default

    Like 70% of people my age, my first CD was Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill (I think the other top first CD of my age group was Ace of Base - The Sign). I was 12, so it was 1996. Still have that CD, and have gotten all her others since
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Humboldt High
    Posts
    569


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Like 70% of people my age, my first CD was Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill (I think the other top first CD of my age group was Ace of Base - The Sign). I was 12, so it was 1996. Still have that CD, and have gotten all her others since
    My mom had that CD. It mysteriously disappeared a few months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear
    Let's torch a random abortion clinic!
    I am SO against abortion. Let's kill everyone inside and prove my point.
    ^ I knew someone who actually thought like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681
    you can't trust wikipedia according to them offspring are on nitro records and noodles is in a band called rocket like a gift
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni
    they're in their 40s now for God's sake. What do you want from them, more songs about Killing the President and disrespecting authoritah? That'd be worse than if Green Day made another song about masturbation.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nijmegen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    11,144


    Default

    If I remember correctly it was this cassette:



    Ah, I miss those times.
    * !

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,144


    Default

    Not the one I bought with my money but I think it's funny... my first tape was a french band called Elmer Food Beat that my grandparents gave me. They chose it because the cover looked childish...

    There was a song in it called Daniella.

    Lyrics translation:

    "In Daniella's mouth, there is always room for friends..."

    I was 5. But of course I didn't know what it meant exactly so...

    First CD I bought:

    Genesis double live CD: The Way we Walk.

    I love that CD, I still have it.

    And of course, I had the Alanis Morissette CD too.
    ___________________________________________

    All the Beautiful Things you do

    Respect my authoritah !

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Trnava, Slovakia
    Posts
    10,432



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Humboldt High
    Posts
    569


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    This thing (I've scanned the pic), in 1996

    That looks amusing.

    "Hey diddle diddle" wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear
    Let's torch a random abortion clinic!
    I am SO against abortion. Let's kill everyone inside and prove my point.
    ^ I knew someone who actually thought like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681
    you can't trust wikipedia according to them offspring are on nitro records and noodles is in a band called rocket like a gift
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni
    they're in their 40s now for God's sake. What do you want from them, more songs about Killing the President and disrespecting authoritah? That'd be worse than if Green Day made another song about masturbation.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,234


    Default

    First vinyl records I ever bought were the Offspring's Smash & Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace. Bought them both the same time. First cassette was either Green Day's Dookie or Smash Mouth's Fush Yu Mang. First cd was either Uncle Kracker's Double Wide or Smash Mouth's Astro Lounge. Never bought an 8-track tape.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Humboldt High
    Posts
    569


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    First vinyl records I ever bought were the Offspring's Smash & Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.
    RAFRAG on vinyl? Am I reading this right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear
    Let's torch a random abortion clinic!
    I am SO against abortion. Let's kill everyone inside and prove my point.
    ^ I knew someone who actually thought like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681
    you can't trust wikipedia according to them offspring are on nitro records and noodles is in a band called rocket like a gift
    Quote Originally Posted by Omni
    they're in their 40s now for God's sake. What do you want from them, more songs about Killing the President and disrespecting authoritah? That'd be worse than if Green Day made another song about masturbation.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,234


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mynamewastaken View Post
    RAFRAG on vinyl? Am I reading this right?
    Yes. RaF,RaG on vinyl.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •