Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how would I go about meeting the offspring after the show?

Smile how would I go about meeting the offspring after the show?

I've recently bought my tickets for The Offspring & 311 at Jones Beach !
    Last year my bf and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary in NJ at our first Offspring show. Now it's year four and we're excited to see our favorite band again!

I got the tickets, but I need to know if the band does meet & greets before the show. I didn't see anything on the venue's site and don't really know what to do first.

any information would be helpful-- thanks!!

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    it's like the 3rd post I've seen of yours where you piss off other people...
    Heh, that can only mean you've only seen three of his posts.

I've said this before, but... I really hate your avatar...
    Because you thought she was hot until you realized she was a dude and now you have that conflicted feeling inside? Fuhgeddaboudit. Happens to all of us...

On topic: I'm not an expert at this as I've only tried it once, but I believe your best bet is to find the tour buses before the show and then go back to them as soon as the show is over (and I mean make a beeline, because others will do the same). Didn't work for me, but only because they had to catch a flight as soon as they got off stage. Sum 41 came out to see us, though.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    Mmm... I'm guessing you have serious issues about security and self confidence, that's why you need to me rude at others with the protection of the internet... I mean, try to be nice, or don't even bother on replying to a thread if you're gonna be negative... it's like the 3rd post I've seen of yours where you piss off other people... a moderator should warn you, you're not being nice at all, you're just a sad troll wise ass...
    Nice try ... I would love to see you succeed, where so many before you have failed. Try not to be so sensitive about Jojan's posts, it is not worth the aggravation.

Back on topic: Short of having something arranged with the band before the concert, your best bet is what Randy suggested.
    Last edited by Blitz!; 05-03-2010 at 04:40 AM.

pretty much unless you get an invite to meet n greet (they dont always have them and getting invites can be tough sometimes), you have to find the buses. If they have time after the show, they know that is where they'll find loyal fans. Me and randman met their tour manager, who regretfully informed us poor ol' bbsers that they had to catch a flight. nice guy.

However listen for radio contests. We got to meet Dexter and Noodles when one of the radios had a mini-show and meetngreet with the offspring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

leave them alone. what could be worse than having a stranger coming up to you and saying how great they think you are..

you: "Wow, I love you Dexter. Your music amazing. Your show was so good tonight."

dexter: "er, thanks.."

what can he say..
    bullshite..

Quote Originally Posted by Da Hui View Post
    leave them alone. what could be worse than having a stranger coming up to you and saying how great they think you are..

you: "Wow, I love you Dexter. Your music amazing. Your show was so good tonight."

dexter: "er, thanks.."

what can he say..
    except for the fact that they generally don't ride in the tour buses anymore, opting to fly instead, thus making the only reason for them to come out by the buses being to meet the fans.
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Well, it's not like she wants to go into the bus and finish the tour with them. People wait by the buses all the time, and the bands come out if they want to.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

I've tried to hang around after shows, but I got kicked out by security.

I wanna know, is it easier to meet them if it's a festival or if it's just Offspring's show?

the only festival i've been to with them, they had fencing all around blocking the parking lot and you could only get to the buses with a crew pass.

But i will add that on warped tour, they ventured out into the crowds to check out some of the other acts according to atom's "on the road" journal.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    except for the fact that they generally don't ride in the tour buses anymore, opting to fly instead, thus making the only reason for them to come out by the buses being to meet the fans.
    they generally fly to the venue itself do they? nice landing strips on the roof of arenas and all that..
    bullshite..