Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Lightning Rod Live in Zagreb (pretty good quality)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    26


    Default Lightning Rod Live in Zagreb (pretty good quality)

    Ok, ok, ok. I don't wanna get laughed at here but I'm not sure if this video had been posted on here or not. I finally found it on youtube and was pretty excited. Anyway, I figured I would start a thread for anyone who had not seen the video (including myself) If it has been posted, well my bad. But here it is....


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1VCb...eature=related

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    28


    Default

    Oh yeh this has been posted lol..and heavily discussed.

    But gratz on you finally seeing it, anyway

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    229


    Default

    What is the big deal about this song? I can think of at least ten songs they rarely play that would be better.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    26


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post
    Oh yeh this has been posted lol..and heavily discussed.

    But gratz on you finally seeing it, anyway
    Oh well. Still pretty excited about it. I guess I just wanted to shout it from on top of a mountain but I didn't have a mountain. I had a thread on offspring.com.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Goiânia, Brazil
    Posts
    3,021


    Default

    Oh, yeah. This has been discussed, and there have been many threads about it, some of which were even created by me. I don't mind talking about Lightning Rod live in Zagreb, though, everytime I think about it, it makes me happy.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    São Paulo Rock City
    Posts
    1,642


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one hundred punks View Post
    What is the big deal about this song? I can think of at least ten songs they rarely play that would be better.
    You really are a pessimist, aren't you?
    "Noodles, the man who put the O in Obrigado." - Dexter Holland

    "You're a sexy fucking audience!" - Noodles

    "It is the power of music, to carry one directly into the mental state of the composer. The listener has no choice, it is like hypnotism." -Beethoven

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    229


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan M. View Post
    You really are a pessimist, aren't you?
    Not really but again, I don't get what all the fuss over the song is. I think they have better B-sides than this but maybe that's just me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Goiânia, Brazil
    Posts
    3,021


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one hundred punks View Post
    Not really but again, I don't get what all the fuss over the song is. I think they have better B-sides than this but maybe that's just me.
    As you said, maybe that's just you. But what you have got to keep in mind, though, is that people -- you know, human beings other than yourself, people who don't always think the way you do -- have wanted this for a while, and worked really hard for it. If you remember correctly, there even was a campaign for the song to be played, which could only indicate the demand from the fans for the song to be played, and the band kindly played the song, showing how awesome they are, and yet you come up with this "it's not such a great song" bullshit? You may not like it so much, but please respect your fellow fans. People do tend to disagree with other, that is fine, I think everybody agrees with that, or at least should agree with that. What I'm not fine with, though, is disrespectm and I think most everybody agrees with me on that one, too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    229


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iGustavo View Post
    As you said, maybe that's just you. But what you have got to keep in mind, though, is that people -- you know, human beings other than yourself, people who don't always think the way you do -- have wanted this for a while, and worked really hard for it. If you remember correctly, there even was a campaign for the song to be played, which could only indicate the demand from the fans for the song to be played, and the band kindly played the song, showing how awesome they are, and yet you come up with this "it's not such a great song" bullshit? You may not like it so much, but please respect your fellow fans. People do tend to disagree with other, that is fine, I think everybody agrees with that, or at least should agree with that. What I'm not fine with, though, is disrespectm and I think most everybody agrees with me on that one, too.
    Looks like "What we've got here is a failure to communicate" Broham? I said I don't see what the big deal is and I think there are better rare songs for them to play. Had I said FUCK ANYONE WHO LIKES THIS SONG!, well that would be disrespect.
    Last edited by one hundred punks; 06-24-2010 at 07:06 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Goiânia, Brazil
    Posts
    3,021


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by one hundred punks View Post
    Do we have a language barrier here, Broham?
    Despite the fact that English isn't my native language, I was able to fully understand what you said, and I really do mean what I said in my first post.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •