Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review: Ignition (1992)

Quote Originally Posted by Omni
    Is it better than the Punk-O-Rama version?
    There's not much difference at all...the two have slightly different beginnings and I think the 2008 version has a different word somewhere in the song. I think that's it.
    My Offspring
    July 2nd, 2010 - Maryland Heights, Missouri
    July 20th, 2012 - St. Louis, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark
    I used to collect old offspring bootlegs, I have them on a hard drive somewhere. Crossroads, Something to believe in, come out swinging, never gonna find me, dirty magic (electric in austrailia, and acoustic in austrailia) i definitely have.
    Mark, we're not giving up.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Is it better than the Punk-O-Rama version?
    Yes, it is. It sounds much more Ignition-ish and rawer than the remastered version on Punk-O-Rama.

Quote Originally Posted by Supa View Post
    Kick Him When He's Down - If any song from The Offspring's song catalogue could be described as a masterpiece, this would be my first pick. Brilliant song, to put it simply. The best from this album, and one of the best songs from them, ever, I think, period.
    I totally dig Kick Him When He's Down, but I find it a bit odd that you consider it to be their ultimate masterpiece. It's a great song, but I can think of a few songs that are much more involved unique. Anyway, it's all opinion... I was just thrown off a bit

Take It Like A Man - This one sort of has a Hispanic feel to it, which was confirmed by Dex and Noodles on the Greatest Hits DualDisc. If there were any songs on this record that could be described as being a filler song, this one would be it. It's a good song, don't get me wrong..but it just doesn't seem to stack up well with the other tracks here, it's like a halfway song between the S/T songs and this album.
    Ha, I always considered "We Are One" to be the most filler-like.

Dirty Magic - Probably my second favorite from this disc, Dirty Magic is one of those songs you can never have enough of. Dexter's register is pretty low on this tune, which helps with being able to sing along. It's a really great song with some deep music and even deeper lyrics, which have been interpreted into several different meanings ever since 1992.
    There's a reason it's a fan favorite .

Forever And A Day - Epic ending for an epic(er?) album. I really don't have a concrete guess as to what this one is about, but it has screams "awesome". Love the solo, love the lyrics, and it is a perfect ending to Ignition.
    Ooh really? I think this song has some of the Offspring's best lyrics ever... shame not to know what it's about! Just give them a good read... should become clear

Ignition is definitely one of the band's best albums (I put it in the top three, along with Ixnay and RFRG).
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Well, I've done a lyrical study on it before, and all I pulled from that was basically that the song is about the narrator not wanting to hear the other person's opinions and "answers", because they're all wrong and close minded, and he just wants this person to keep it to themselves and shut up pretty much. Is that what you get?
    My Offspring

I used to collect old offspring bootlegs, I have them on a hard drive somewhere. Crossroads, Something to believe in, come out swinging, never gonna find me, dirty magic (electric in austrailia, and acoustic in austrailia) i definitely have.

I totally adore Ignition!!!
    Here's my review on few songs..

Session..
    Very powerful beginning with aggression!! I love it!!
    I think it shows exactly the album itself.

Dirty magic..
    One of my favourite songs...It really has that magic.
    LOVE intro. It reminds me on Gone away..
    And it's kinda sad.

LAPD
    Wow..When I heard this song.. I was laughing my ass off..
    I don't know why..It's really funny how they are rebellious!
    Love solo!!

No hero and Nothing from something
    This two songs are a little bit emo but in punk kinda way.
    When I heard it for the first time, I was like.. ..
    I listen to this songs when I'm depressed and they really make my day.

that's all..
    GREAT ALBUM!!!

nice review, are you the same guy who reviwed the self titled album recently?!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

Quote Originally Posted by nameless
    nice review, are you the same guy who reviwed the self titled album recently?!

My review is the first I've seen on here for awhile, and here it is: http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40523

Is that the one you're talking about? If so, then yes, I'm the guy.
    My Offspring

I'm new here.. so I don't really know other reviews..
    (i'm going to check it out now )