Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for band

Default Tips for band

im a drummer and have been drumming nearly a year, some people have asked me to join there band, but i dont know if im good enough, there new at bass guitar/guitar as well. what do you guys suggest

my stuff:
    sabian b8s cybols
    cb kit
    peal bas drum hitter
    cb cymbol stands
    zildgin sticks
    hickory wood sticks (x2)

cymbols:
    sabian b8: ride, crash, high hats

i also have a cb crash and high hats

Advise: Start practicing together. See if every one's got the same taste in music or very close. Listen to each other. Know you are going to write your own songs and have them on mtv. Rule the music!! Work together.

PS: Make shure every one's got the same goal. If the one guy only does this for fun and a part time hobby he is going to stand in the way of the band getting singed and maby wreck some one's dreams!
    Last edited by чGH7 G3L; 02-01-2005 at 11:24 AM.

No, users must have a valid student ID or Library card I believe.

Yeah man, im a drummer also and ive been playing for about 5 years and I have just now been accepted into a band. As long as you can hold a beat for a song then you should be aghhhhhhhallllllll right.

Your equipment doesn't matter at the start. As long as you can fit the style of music. If you're a punk drummer and you can only play punk, then don't join a metal band. But if your style's diverse then join any band you want.

When you get the cash, upgrade your cymbals. I'm guessing you bought the b8 starter pack. They're better than zildjan zxt's but they still sound like a tin can. Don't be surprised when you end up paying more for cymbals than you payed for your whole kit. I recently got some new cymbals. Zildjan Avedis 16" medium crash, Zildjan 18" custom A crash and a 14" stagg splash. That's in addition to a 19" custom k ride and 14" custom K hi-hats. Altogether they cost about 800. They sound amazing though, so it's worth it.

Da only way you gonna know if your gewd enough, is to get your ass out there. . . . Your gonna have fun, and get better at the same time, theres no amount of practicing that even compares to playing in a band, its the best thing for you if you wanna get better. . . .thats just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Talman
    Your equipment doesn't matter at the start. As long as you can fit the style of music. If you're a punk drummer and you can only play punk, then don't join a metal band. But if your style's diverse then join any band you want.

When you get the cash, upgrade your cymbals. I'm guessing you bought the b8 starter pack. They're better than zildjan zxt's but they still sound like a tin can. Don't be surprised when you end up paying more for cymbals than you payed for your whole kit. I recently got some new cymbals. Zildjan Avedis 16" medium crash, Zildjan 18" custom A crash and a 14" stagg splash. That's in addition to a 19" custom k ride and 14" custom K hi-hats. Altogether they cost about 800. They sound amazing though, so it's worth it.
    F%$!ing hell you're drumkit is awesome I got a zildjan b8 effects pack with hi hats, crash, splash, ride and a chinese for only 80. Good thing aswell 'cause the cymbals that came with my drumkit were made of the cheapest metal money can buy.

My band broke up 'cause our lead guitarist gave up the guitar after he cut his finger off with one of the strings. But we used to do sorta old rock/metal like deep purple 'n ozzy osbourne n I used to be good at that. but now I'm gonna be in another band which is more offspring like stuff so that's good.
    Last edited by alextittycomb; 02-08-2005 at 03:21 PM.

i started playing with a couple guys about 2 years ago in hopes of putting an act together for a school talent show. a couple years and two member changes later, we're one of the most highly requested local bands in our area. just do what u wanna do and dont over-think shit.

my stuff:
    sabian b8s cybols
    cb kit
    perl bas drum hitter
    cb cymbol stands
    zildgan sticks
    hickory wood sticks (x2)

cymbols:
    sabian b8: ride, crash, high hats

i also have a cb crash and high hats[/QUOTE]

Plastic drum sticks work better on cymbals. What do you need two sets of hi hats for, especially if you've only played for a year? Also they're spelled "bass" "Pearl" and "cymbals".
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    ... I can't believe I have noodlesfan's dick in my fucking photobucket.