Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite/least favorite Bad Religion albums

Those of you who dig Recipe for Hate (though I think most everyone has expressed dislike for this album), have you heard Streetlight Manifesto's new cover of "Skyscraper"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn0t1TfNdao

I actually like it more than the original...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

When I heard the words "Streetlight Manifesto" and "Skyscraper", I just knew this is gonna be awesome. I was not wrong Their Linoleum cover is great too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Skyscraper is actually one of the tracks I like on the album. That, American Jesus, Kerosene, and a few others what good songs, but the album was just boring in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Those of you who dig Recipe for Hate (though I think most everyone has expressed dislike for this album), have you heard Streetlight Manifesto's new cover of "Skyscraper"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn0t1TfNdao

I actually like it more than the original...
    thanks i haven't seen that before recipe for hate is one of my favorite bad religion albums

There are too many Bad Religion albums that I consider my favorite, but my most favorite is probably "No Control".

My least favorite is probably "Into the Unknown". I know many Bad Religion fans do not like that album, and in my opinion, it does not sound like a Bad Religion album.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    There are too many Bad Religion albums that I consider my favorite, but my most favorite is probably "No Control".

My least favorite is probably "Into the Unknown". I know many Bad Religion fans do not like that album, and in my opinion, it does not sound like a Bad Religion album.
    No Control is my favorite also

But I love Into the Unknown because it's so bad it's funny to me I played it for a friend of mine who is a casual Bad Religion fan and saw them at Warped Tour 2004 the look on his face when he heard the first song was priceless haha

7. Default

I'm going to attempt ranking all these. (note: the only albums I dislike by BR are the bottom three on this list. I like every other album by them.)

1. Suffer
    2. No Control
    3. Recipe for Hate
    4. Generator
    5. Stranger Than Fiction/Against the Grain (tie)
    6. New Maps of Hell
    7. True North
    8. The Process of Belief
    9. The Gray Race
    10. The Empire Strikes First
    11. How Could Hell Be Any Worse?
    12. The Dissent of Man
    13. No Substance
    14. The New America
    15. Into the Unknown

Into The Unknown is awesome. Cool & Pirate are pussies. Etc.

Weirdly, I think maybe Process might even be my overall favorite. Not sure why, maybe memories I associate with the time that record came out or something. But it's awesome, right mix of old-fashioned BR buzz-saw guitars and the Atlantic-era monster melodies, but with something fresh at the time too.

Both No Substance and The New America rock, anyone who says differently can choke on a phallus.

The Gray Race is equally as great as Stranger Than Fiction, and Brett was just bitching about the former for ad hominem reasons.

Suffer obviously gets honorable "we're not worthy!" mention.

Hell, True North is fucking rad. I love about 80% of New Maps Of Hell, too. Empire's great musically, the lyrics are all just way too specific and cliche "not mai Presidentz!" as everything around '04 was. And Bad Religion's usually better than stooping to that, they're more broad themes than pinpoint first-year-college-kid rage.

The EPs all rock. No Control and Againt The Grain destroy. Recipe For Hate is all creative and weird country-folk-y and great.

Stupid Bad Religion. No way to choose, it's all perfect. Kablaah, I say, kablaah.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Into The Unknown is awesome. Cool & Pirate are pussies. Etc.
    It's awesomely bad

It's only "bad" in the sense that you rooster-blowers weren't into it. Every track on that album totally kills, you're just too trupunx to be caught saying anything other than "keyboardz r ghey".