Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official 2010 College Football Thread (and 2011 Bowl Games)

Default Official 2010 College Football Thread (and 2011 Bowl Games)

It's that time of year again (a little late actually, my apologies on that).

Soooooo... many questions to answer!

Will anyone beat Alabama?
    Can Notre Dame actually WIN one of it's heart breakingly close games?
    Can Oregon score on teams not made of cupcakes?
    Will OSU painting its practice field Blue this week help it beat Boise?
    Will Arizona have a let down vs. Cal next week? (and will yours truly be at the game?)

and sadly, from the last few years of positives from me, let me sadly ask
    can Cal beat stanfurd? can we even become bowl eligible this season?
    (oddly I think this is the year we beat SC... but mostly because I think they suck pretty badly too)

(i'm still sad from last week)

Thomas you got to laugh at one person so far this week... let's hope it's not two? (I do think your team is
    more talented this season, I'm not gonna lie... I think it all hinges on Riley)
    Last edited by hshduppsnt; 09-20-2010 at 10:49 PM.

I'm pushing for a Rose Bowl, man. Cal don't stand a chance. I'm really only worried about Oregon at this point. We can take the rest of the Pac-10.

Also, if you come down to the game here in Tucson, let me know! I can take you to an after-game party and we can hang out and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

I've actually realized in the last year or two that I'm becoming progressively more interested in the NFL than college football. I think there are three reasons for it: 1) the BCS system sucks ass (NFL playoffs/super bowl is much better), 2) there are far too many teams in the NCAA (it's easier to keep track of the top teams and catch all the key games), and 3) my team straight up sucks (my Gophers are 1-2 right now and are expected to win two games this year, while my Packers have started the season off 2-0). I still cheer Gophers, but I guess now that I'm out of college and not playing in the Gopher marching band, I just don't care that much about it.

But I still love NCAA basketball. Probably because March Madness is awesome and the NBA sucks ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Dear ND,

Coach Kelly seems like a swell guy. At least, he seems to have been able to make you guys at least kind of look like a real team. If he can develop Crist into something resembling an actual QB, you might as well replace the face up on Touchdown Jesus with Brian Kelly. But if you keep losing like this, Kelly will be a dead man walking in 2-3 years. Shape up, or commit seppuku.

Love,
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I'm pushing for a Rose Bowl, man.
    If rumors that Colorado is joining next year (and so is Utah obviously) are true, this may be the final time to get to the Rose Bowl in the traditional manner. Excited that pac-10 play starts next week.

I'll let you know if I head over but for now it isn't looking likely? Some of my pac-10 road trips are a "day before" kind of decision so I'll definitely shoot you a message (Zona is one of the few road games I still haven't done)

We are getting a few injured players back so I hope we can make a game of it. It was super close last year, with your QB's double pass being the deciding factor. I hope it's close this year :-/
    ----

As for Notre Dame - I was watching that ND/MSU Game with some alum... could not explain the look of shock on their faces from the elation of a great 3rd down to force a LONG field goal to that fake... Frankly I'm still shocked and I had no other affiliation to either of those teams than my ND friends

Quote Originally Posted by hshduppsnt View Post
    As for Notre Dame - I was watching that ND/MSU Game with some alum... could not explain the look of shock on their faces from the elation of a great 3rd down to force a LONG field goal to that fake... Frankly I'm still shocked and I had no other affiliation to either of those teams than my ND friends
    There were portions of that game that will surely have proven to have shaved a few hours off my life.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by hshduppsnt View Post
    If rumors that Colorado is joining next year (and so is Utah obviously) are true, this may be the final time to get to the Rose Bowl in the traditional manner. Excited that pac-10 play starts next week.

I'll let you know if I head over but for now it isn't looking likely? Some of my pac-10 road trips are a "day before" kind of decision so I'll definitely shoot you a message (Zona is one of the few road games I still haven't done)

We are getting a few injured players back so I hope we can make a game of it. It was super close last year, with your QB's double pass being the deciding factor. I hope it's close this year :-/
    Yeah, the two teams are for sure joining. I believe Colorado in 2011 and Utah in 2012... or maybe it's the other way around... I don't really remember. It's certainly going to make things very interesting. But with USC out of the picture this season, I feel as though we just need to find a way to beat Oregon at home and we'll be headed to Pasadena.

And I definitely hope you can make it down. You'll see why we call our student section the "Zona Zoo." That and there's always a good party or two (or three) after the games that I know of. If you do go, follow the band in our after-game parade/concert and meet up with me. I'm the center snare this year, so I shouldn't be too hard to find. haha. I don't think I've actually met anyone on this BBS in person yet, and it's something I've always wanted to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    And I definitely hope you can make it down. You'll see why we call our student section the "Zona Zoo." That and there's always a good party or two (or three) after the games that I know of. If you do go, follow the band in our after-game parade/concert and meet up with me. I'm the center snare this year, so I shouldn't be too hard to find. haha. I don't think I've actually met anyone on this BBS in person yet, and it's something I've always wanted to do.
    Well....... it didn't happen... I'm still sitting on my couch at home . Oh well, maybe next time. Good luck to you guys today (though hopefully not too much, because I still want Cal to win ).

Oh and to ND... please beat furd...

i'm seriously going to absolutely fucking lose it tonight with how cal lost that game...

10-9... we had two missed field goals... they took the lead with 1 minute left...

we had em shut down ALL game then we throw a pick on our last drive to end the game.

That would've been a huge start for us... god damn it why do the Cal games in Arizona always seem to end like that.
    Cal leads 90% of game, Cal can't seem to put it away, cal shuts their offense out
    their offense gets a lucky drive or two at teh end to catch up
    cal drives
    cal throws back breaking interception and the pac-10 season downfall commences...

:'(

Man, that was a tough game to watch. The entire stadium was dead because NOTHING was happening until the last two minutes. A win is a win, but I hope my cats learn a lesson from last night. We can't be pulling that kind of stuff when we play Oregon or Stanford later in the year.

Also, major props to UCLA reppin' the Pac-10 and spanking no. 7 Texas! I was only able to watch part of the game, but what I did see was awesome, and they apparently kept it up the entire game.