Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about the drummer´s change? What was your first reaction on it?

I live in Hodonín. It´s town in the Czech Republic

Post What do you think about the drummer´s change? What was your first reaction on it?

When I read that Ron Welty is no more part of the band, I started to be sad, because Ron Welty is my favourite drummer (Lars Ulrich also rocks!!!) and "The Offspring" is my favourite band!!! Josh Freese played the drums on the "Splinter" and now there is Atom. What do you think about it? What was your first reaction on it?

My first reaction was like = OMG...NO MORE OFFSPRING?!?!?!? IM GONNA DIE GHAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAA..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....NO..

But then when I realized they werent gonna break up..I felt better =)
    I still miss Ron...he had a speciall drumming style....he almost NEVER lost the rythm =)

I mean the drumming on Splinter is awesome, and Atom is also a great drummer!

But...If I could decide...I want Ron back in the band =)

MR
    --- "What the hell is going on, cruelest dream reality"--

At first it was a little weird without Ron and i was a little sad, but when i saw Atom i thought he's cool too and got used to him quickly. Atom is cooler to watch

Default I miss ron :(

my first reaction was like, omg!!!!!!
    i never realized how much i liked ron untill then!
    i miss him so fucking much!!!!!
    he was better than atom will ever be in my eyes and he was a better looking guy to.....

Unless you're an old Rocket From the Crypt fan you can't judge how good a drummer Atom is. He hasn't produced any studio tracks with this band yet and I'm quite sure that he's not made much change to Josh Freese's Splinter drum tracks when he performs the songs on tour. I don't think you can say something like that at all.

From what I saw at one of The Offspring's first gigs with Atom earlier this year, though, Atom's a great drummer. I've seen The Offspring a few times now, twice with Ron, and he had no stage presence. You never saw him even smile! Watching Atom, I knew he was right for this band because you could clearly see that he was having a good time doing what he was doing, as well as playing some damn good shit (whether it was written by him or not) at the same time. And that's what counts.

Seeing Ron go was quite surreal,i mean hes been there from the start of it all but i gotta say atom is a more than able replacement for our once favourite sticksman.Your beats from 'jennifer lost the war' to 'conspiracy of one' brought us all such an amazing warm radical feeling that this band personifies. Ron Welty, you rock. Having said that, we have to look beyond and to the future and with atom, I know that he'll continue where ron left off and go furthur. I saw him live in Dublin and he rocked!!!He's been around a while so check out some of his other work, more recently on melissa auf de maar's debut solo record. I cant wait to hear what he brings to the offspring universe. It's going to be special!

Swill
    ________
    Honda CR110
    Last edited by Swill; 01-21-2011 at 06:36 AM.

I was quite upset to begin with, Ron was my favourite member after Greg K initially.

But I think he knew in himself it was time to move on, and Atom does a brilliant job. I dont think replacements a good word - and its not fair on Atom to call him a replacement...so we should just say "member" for him.
    Freedom scares you because it means responsibility

we've had this thread

I was very sad since i thought that the offspring will stop to perform together!!!!

I thought they were gonna break up

Fortunatly they didnt, and I kinda never really got around to liking Ron.

Atom seems abit cooler!

sorry to atom, but i preferred ron