Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Age

Default Age

Okay, am I the only one who thinks it isn't right for a 22 year old male to be making friends with a 17 year old female still in high school? I'm not talking about anything sexually motivated, to be clear on that. But I mean, he graduated five years before she will and she can't even buy cigarettes, let alone, fully appreciate the difference in mentality/life experience that five years will make. Even if there are no ulterior motives by any party, I think its a little weird to befriend someone you couldn't have even theoretically gone to high school with. It'd be different if it were like, your older siblings best friend, like it is with my boyfriend and younger sister to be friends.

Am I just totally crazy? I truly do think that the age boundaries that exist for how much older a 16 year old's boyfriend/girlfriend could be without being sketchy also exist with friendships, though maybe not as tightly. I just don't agree with someone who can legally buy alcohol in the U.S. befriending someone who can't even buy lottery tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

I don't think you're crazy but I think you clearly limit your life experiences. Friendship can exist whatever your age is. When I was 17, I clearly remember hanging out with people from my message board of the time who were 20 to 30.

Now, I'm still seeing the intern that was here a few months ago and who is about 5 years younger than me. Maybe 4.

But are you saying it is just because she is in highscool and he's not or do you mean "age difference", no matter when ?

Also, eventhough it was another time, my mother met my father when she was 17. At the youth house. He was 22..

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

I am a 22-year-old male. Do I have 17-year-old female friends? None that I can think of. But it does not mean that I am completely against being friends with a 17-year-old girl.

I would also like to ask one question, according to you:

22 yo guy + 17 yo girl =

but, let's say

26 yo guy + 21 yo girl =

Am I aiming in the right direction?
    Last edited by disclaimer_07; 10-13-2010 at 10:04 AM.
    And if this post offends you, just don't read it...

I don't care how old you are, if you are a nice person and are really cool, I'll befriend you. I'm 21 and I have friends that range from all ages. I have friends in their 30's and I've met some really cool 16 year olds. I try not to limit myself on those minor details that don't seem to matter.

As long as the person's pleasant to get on with, who cares how old they are?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I work with different people each day, for like 10 hours they're the only one or two people I can talk to.

So today I was just talking to this guy and turns out he has one child with his previous wife, and two with his current wife who he has been married to for 5 years. a 5 year old daughter and 7 month old son, and he's 37. An hour later he asked me my age, I said I'm 24. He replied that I'm almost the same age as his wife. She's 23. All I could say was "Hey, as long as it works, it works right?". But that wasn't what I was thinking.
    * !

Where's renato when you need him?

Seriously, though, I dunno. I'm inclined to say it doesn't matter, but the thing is, this case almost solely happens with older dudes hanging out with teenage girls. You don't really see older girls hanging out with teenage guys. And most of the time, these older dudes either have an agenda or they really wish they did. I can't imagine a 22 year old guy wanting to hang out with a 16 or 17 year old girl just to be friends. I think it's sketchy. When my sister was 15 and 16, she had a guy friend who was my age - I was 22 or 23 at the time. She wanted to set me up with him, but after she showed me his myspace, I could see he was painfully immature and trying to look like a teenager himself. When she started telling me about when they'd hang out, it sounded like he was interested in her, and that really set me off. I tried to influence her to stop hanging out with him, but I wasn't going to tell her "hey this dude is just a perv who's trying to get in your pants", so there wasn't much I could do. So I guess I think it's weird/bad news.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

You're kidding yourself if you don't think your apprehensions are due to a possibility of sex between them.

Somehow I don't think you'd have any qualms about two guys hanging out with that age difference. Or two girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    You don't really see older girls hanging out with teenage guys.
    Nice...

But it's true. Also in my class there was a girl one or two years younger than I am, mind you this is two years ago, so she was 20 I guess, but living together with a men in his 30's in some trailerpark.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I can't imagine a 22 year old guy wanting to hang out with a 16 or 17 year old girl just to be friends.
    Well, actually I can. For over 10 years I had been going to the same camping spot in France each years. Like a lot of families there we returned each year and seeing as there were only a limited amount of people there, you just hang out with them. So there was this family with 3 daughters, one of them older than I am, one my age, one of them 6 years younger than I am. I hung out with them a lot for those a big part of those years, even visited them outside of vacation times. But as the oldest girl didn't come along anymore, and the girl my age didn't come along the last time either, I hung out with that 6 year younger girl and another girl her age. Just to be friends.
    * !

I don't think that there is anything wrong with this. I mean, of course she is relatively young but as long as it's just hanging out, I don't see a problem. I also hang out with people in their thirties as well as with people who are 4 or 5 years younger than I am. Of course most of my friends are my age, but it occasionally happens that I hang out with some older/younger ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Niccccccccce!
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers