Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Grohl reuniting with Nirvana's Krist Novoselic on new Foo Fighters album

Default Dave Grohl reuniting with Nirvana's Krist Novoselic on new Foo Fighters album

From Ultimate-Guitar.com:

After touring with the heavy-hitting supergroup Them Crooked Vultures, Dave Grohl is getting back to basics with the Foo Fighters for their next album.

In an interview with the BBC, Grohl revealed the new Foos record is their heaviest one yet, with nary an acoustic guitar or ballad on the album. "Each song is full on, the whole record is full on," he said. "In the 14 songs, there's not one acoustic guitar, there's not even one in the house."

The Foo Fighters are cutting the record DIY-style in Grohl's garage "Totally old school analog," he said and the album finds Grohl returning to his Nirvana-era roots.

Nevermind producer Butch Vig is at the helm and bassist Krist Novoselic will make a guest appearance on bass.

"This whole project has been really cool," Grohl said. "I haven't made a record with Butch for 20 years." So far, the Foos have cut seven tracks and are planning to lay down five or six more.

Grohl also revealed that the Foos are documenting the recording process for a movie, to be released in 2011. And the group has already announced a few UK dates for July of next year. "Basically, 2011, you're not gonna be able to get us out of your hair, that's what we're planning," Grohl said. "I'm excited."

Totally should write a hardcore album or something.... like Scream or something. thad be badass.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

i hear they have just started work on a new crooked vultures album as well. he seems quite busy with things but hate to mention the old phrase, its quality, not quantity that matters!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

Thumbs down

Sounds dumb. They suck when they restrict themselves to noisy electric shit (I thought the 1st disc of In Your Honor was the shittiest thing they've ever released). And Them Crooked Vultures were awful and it sounds like they're going to influence this. Do people really still brag about not using acoustic guitars? Go join a biker gang, Dave.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Echoes Silence Patience and Grace while a good album, was definitely the weakest disc by far. I'm pretty excited about it. Maybe they'll do something like the first two again. Granted I'd be fucking stoked if they did something like There is Nothing Left To Lose again. Or maybe he'll do a hardcore album ala gas Chamber. or Dave's first band Scream.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    i hear they have just started work on a new crooked vultures album as well. he seems quite busy with things but hate to mention the old phrase, its quality, not quantity that matters!
    I think Dave only really does the drums in TCV so I don't think you have to worry about him getting too watered down and everything. I think they kinda jam for a while and it goes from there.... From what i've heard TCV is alot less structured than FOO FIghters
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    I think Dave only really does the drums in TCV so I don't think you have to worry about him getting too watered down and everything. I think they kinda jam for a while and it goes from there.... From what i've heard TCV is alot less structured than FOO FIghters
    to my knowledge, he was quite involved with the songwriting on the album. ive never actually heard the whole thing but from the songs i did hear, i couldnt really get into it!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

Well the drumming is a pretty important part of the music so of course he was was heavily involved with the writing. I meant that in the case of TCV there were two other writers on the album as opposed to Foo Fighters where it's pretty much just Dave writing all the lyrics and melodies himself with a little bit of insight from the rest of the band. I liked the TCV album, but it's nothing truly spectacular.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

thats gonna be sik
    NotTheOne_NL:

my imaginary frend also has lightning rod live
    -
    chriiis:

Oh really?What Show?cuz i hav 10 vrsins of lightning rod live
    --
    NotTheOne_NL:

That show,with those pink flying elephants
    --
    PART2
    holland25

And my dad's friend's horses brother-in-law has Lightning Rod live.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/show...t=38267&page=9
    [When I Die, I'd Like To Be Put Face Down In My Coffin So That Anyone Who Doesn't Like Me, Can Kiss My Ass!]

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    And Them Crooked Vultures were awful and it sounds like they're going to influence this.
    Just Fuck you.
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...