Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is your favorite type of guitar? and why?

Default what is your favorite type of guitar? and why?

my favorite guitar is a bc rich, i just think the look cool and i have one and it is awesome if you have a picture of you favorite guitar please share it!

guitar in German= Gitarre this is what my guitar looks like exactly

This message is hidden because jopre is on your ignore list.

My favorite kind of guitar is the Ibanez RG-style. I like their thin shapes, the sharp look and the playability.
    (I've toyed with the thought of buying a Les Paul for a long time, though)
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

I've always been a fan of Ibanez body and sound, but lately I've found myself wanting a Gibson more then anything. The Gibson SG seems to be my fantasy guitar whenever I'm in my rocker mode.

My favorite guitar to play is probably the Fender Stratocaster, but I think Telecasters sound better. I've been thinking about getting a Gibson, but they're way too expensive and just not worth the price tag to me. For all of last week, I was going to bid on one of these, but I couldn't pull the trigger on it.

I love Stratocasters. But since I also like Metal, the ESP KH-2 is outstanding and by far the best guitar I've ever played:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For the most part it's been Ibanez RG's, since mine was so easy to learn on. But in the summer I bought a shitty Squier Strat because I've just always loved the body shape and sounds and at least wanted one the resembled the real deal, and even though it was $125, I play it more now than my $500 RG. If I get another guitar (seems inevitable, even though they're really starting to fill up my room :P), it'll be a legit Fender Stratocaster.

But one guitar I've always loved is the Fender Jaguar

Gonna have to add one to the collection... someday
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

You should try to make any guitar do what you want it to. In saying that though, for me, nothing substitutes a Les Paul.

Next guitar I think I'll buy though, I'm going to go more towards a super strat, something with a tinner neck, and a floyd rose for whammy tricks. Perhaps an Ibanez JS model.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Hard to argue with Fender Strats, particularly their Fat brethren.

I'd have to actually get my hands on it and play for an hour or so, but I've always wanted to try a Gretsch semi-hollowbody.

I'm a big fan of PRS guitars, they're all absolutely stunning, but the actual sound you can pull out of them is pretty varied in terms of what you can do. All the same, I'd like me a PRS even nicer than the one I own now.

I also really like the Yamaha MS1511. It's not a super high-end model (it's a quality version of the Yamaha PAC line) but I absolutely love the feel of the neck and body. I'd get one with a finished maple fretboard and go crazy.

I guess finally I'd like to pick up an Aria AD-150. It's a much nicer version of my current acoustic.

Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Since everyone is posting a pic of their dream guitars, heres mine

although I have several, that seems to be the one thats always on my mind of having someday.

someday...