Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Campaign for The Offspring to come to the BBS Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Pfft, weeks. You still get a kick out of the first time, ALMOST FOUR YEARS AGO.
    Dexter: "Hey, that's a cool shirt. Retro..."
    Randy: "...heh...heh....thanks... *stares at the floor*"
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, Gustavo. I was wondering how we got roped into it myself. It was fun, but next time we get to ask you guys a bunch of questions. Here's a sample question:

"What does the BBS mean to you today, and does it mean something different than it did 15 years ago?"

Seriously though, I think it would be great to get a bunch of BBS-ers in the same room with us, say after some show in Europe, and just record a real conversation. No hype or expectations. Just a few beers after a show. I know that a bunch of you have been in this situation with us and it might be fun for those who haven't to see how boring it really can be, just to let them know they're not really missing that much. After the show is over we become really boring people and I tend to go on drunken political rants like a crazy uncle at a holiday dinner. Those of you who know this can attest to it now.

Anyway, just a thought.
    I just want to out myself for a second and say I was lucky enough to be a fly on the wall when Sil called Gustavo and it was adorable as all hell. I'm really happy for the BBS Podcast crew that this finally happened.

Bud, you wanna fly me to Europe for this chat? I think Oxy and I are the only ones left who have been here for 15 years.

For real though, I can't believe it's been that long. I've had similar sorts of conversations like this with Dexter over the years, but basically, what keeps me coming back to the forum despite wanting to lock the doors from the outside and set the server on fire from time to time is the incredible numbers of friends I've made here over the years. Growing up in Indiana and listening to music that wasn't pop, country, or rap meant I had to go online to talk to people who listened to the same music. And even though I listen to totally different music now (with some exceptions...I mean, I do live in Orange County, after all), these are some of my longest friendships going. Which feels weird, but it's how it is.

What's even weirder is that this random website that I started posting on when I was 12 (fuck me, 16 years....) pretty much runs my life now for reasons you know. I still cannot believe that my relationship and where I live can be traced back to this place, and I am a little bit pissed off about that. But, I'm hardly the only one. There have been multiple lasting international relationships that started here. This little corner of the internet is responsible for at least 3 immigrations to the US and Canada for marriage that I'm aware of and I'm sure several more that I don't know about. And then I have to remember the number of death threats and threats of violence and general harassment I've received over the years due to this place and remember that not everything here is awesome, but these are all things everyone knows already. A big part of why I wanted to be a civilian on the forum after being a moderator on and off for the last 10-12 years was to try to enjoy what's special about this place and to be able to selectively ignore what isn't (and, in equal parts, that I'm now a grumpy old woman). A lot of my old friends from this place stopped posting years ago but we still talk all the time, even more often than I get to talk to my oldest friend in real life. I am the first to point out how totally silly this is, but there it is.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Dexter: "Hey, that's a cool shirt. Retro..."
    Randy: "...heh...heh....thanks... *stares at the floor*"
    Ha, Randy's shyness is awesome. After the concert in Paris we went drinking in the park. Randy pretty much didn't say anything, and then went to try and climb stuff.

US, Germany, Italy/Poland, Hungary, the Netherlands, Poland and Finland right there.
    * !

I'm definitely coming to this Europe show to hang out and drink beer and talk politics with Noodles and BBSers - just make sure it's at a time when I can afford it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Ha, Randy's shyness is awesome. After the concert in Paris we went drinking in the park. Randy pretty much didn't say anything, and then went to try and climb stuff.

US, Germany, Italy/Poland, Hungary, the Netherlands, Poland and Finland right there.
    Awsome! And the EU flag on the back makes it really iconic.
    I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you're the second from left to right of the front row.

Haha, good guess.
    * !

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post

Bud, you wanna fly me to Europe for this chat? I think Oxy and I are the only ones left who have been here for 15 years.
    Damn just realized its been about 10 years for me. As the philosopher Keanu Reeves said..."Woah"
    Rita corny, Michael

Thanks for the explanation, Gustavo. I was wondering how we got roped into it myself. It was fun, but next time we get to ask you guys a bunch of questions. Here's a sample question:

"What does the BBS mean to you today, and does it mean something different than it did 15 years ago?"

Seriously though, I think it would be great to get a bunch of BBS-ers in the same room with us, say after some show in Europe, and just record a real conversation. No hype or expectations. Just a few beers after a show. I know that a bunch of you have been in this situation with us and it might be fun for those who haven't to see how boring it really can be, just to let them know they're not really missing that much. After the show is over we become really boring people and I tend to go on drunken political rants like a crazy uncle at a holiday dinner. Those of you who know this can attest to it now.

Anyway, just a thought.
    I consider the bbs a lovely little place where I can share with other people all over the world my biggest passion: The Offspring!

I'm here since 2009 so I'm pretty new...but I really feel part of the comunity especially after having met some guys of the bbs before the Ignition show in Bruxelles, one of the best day of my life ended with a fast meeting with you Noodles, Dexter, Greg and Pete!

So, of course, I love this idea of the podcast and really hope to be able to be part of it but... beside that I thing we should organize a bbs reunion during the next European tour, that I really hope will happen this summer!

Seriously though, I think it would be great to get a bunch of BBS-ers in the same room with us, say after some show in Europe, and just record a real conversation.
    I will be there for you (or Greg) whenever you (or Greg) need me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    LOL!! Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    lolz, jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan für den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right

Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    I will be there for you (or Greg) whenever you (or Greg) need me.
    That's so poetic. You should write a song about it.

As much as being part of a BBS podcast sounds like an amazingly fun time, I don't feel I've earned the right to be there. Also, travel would be killer!
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/