Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: Campaign for The Offspring to come to the BBS Podcast

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    94


    Default

    Hey, Gustavo, can you get The Offspring to give a private concert at my house? If not, I'd also be satisfied if the private concert were to be in any other place.
    If it's not asking too much, I'd also like Noodles' guitar, but signed, obviously.

    Now seriously (unless you can really make it happen), kudos on that achievement and I can't wait to listen to the podcast!

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Goi‚nia, Brazil
    Posts
    3,017


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Wow, so this was all Gustavo, huh? Was it simply this thread that got it done, or how did the podcast folks get this to happen?
    Not really, I had a lot of help from my friends from the BBS Podcast.

    I think it all started really when we started the campaign online with the Tweets and things like that, and then when The Offspring had that studio rehearsal show in Orange County my friend Sil called me from her phone and asked Dexter if he would talk to me on the phone for a second, he kindly said yes and I talked to him for a while and then asked him if he would like to participate on the BBS Podcast and he said yes right away and then our friends Tijs and Adrian got to talk to them not too long after that during the European Tour and they said they were down. It's been hard to record it logistically, but we never gave up so it finally worked out last week. Oh, and not to mention that when we interviewed Matt from Gringo Bandito, he said he would put in a good word for us.

    It's just amazing how nice and down to earth these guys are, I've never heard of a mainstream band doing something like this before. I think we all chose our favorite band well, huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by SapoCocas View Post
    Hey, Gustavo, can you get The Offspring to give a private concert at my house? If not, I'd also be satisfied if the private concert were to be in any other place.
    If it's not asking too much, I'd also like Noodles' guitar, but signed, obviously.

    Now seriously (unless you can really make it happen), kudos on that achievement and I can't wait to listen to the podcast!
    I'd love it if they played a private concert in my house too. haha But that isn't very likely, sorry. But we should definitely plan a show in Europe sometime to have the biggest BBS Meet of all time, how cool would that be?

    And thank you! I appreciate that.
    Last edited by Gustavo; 01-04-2013 at 06:38 PM.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    138


    Default

    Thanks for the explanation, Gustavo. I was wondering how we got roped into it myself. It was fun, but next time we get to ask you guys a bunch of questions. Here's a sample question:

    "What does the BBS mean to you today, and does it mean something different than it did 15 years ago?"

    Seriously though, I think it would be great to get a bunch of BBS-ers in the same room with us, say after some show in Europe, and just record a real conversation. No hype or expectations. Just a few beers after a show. I know that a bunch of you have been in this situation with us and it might be fun for those who haven't to see how boring it really can be, just to let them know they're not really missing that much. After the show is over we become really boring people and I tend to go on drunken political rants like a crazy uncle at a holiday dinner. Those of you who know this can attest to it now.

    Anyway, just a thought.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,617


    Default

    I still have yet to know exactly what BBS stands for and means. People say it, never explain it. I guess they think everyone knows what it means. I just thought it was what this forum is called.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,574


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, Gustavo. I was wondering how we got roped into it myself. It was fun, but next time we get to ask you guys a bunch of questions. Here's a sample question:

    "What does the BBS mean to you today, and does it mean something different than it did 15 years ago?"

    Seriously though, I think it would be great to get a bunch of BBS-ers in the same room with us, say after some show in Europe, and just record a real conversation. No hype or expectations. Just a few beers after a show. I know that a bunch of you have been in this situation with us and it might be fun for those who haven't to see how boring it really can be, just to let them know they're not really missing that much. After the show is over we become really boring people and I tend to go on drunken political rants like a crazy uncle at a holiday dinner. Those of you who know this can attest to it now.

    Anyway, just a thought.
    To me the BBS is a sense of community a place where I can go and talk to people about my favorite band the only difference now as compared to 10 years ago is I know some of the people that post here and have become friends with them

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I still have yet to know exactly what BBS stands for and means. People say it, never explain it. I guess they think everyone knows what it means. I just thought it was what this forum is called.
    It stands for bulletin board system I think? here is what this website looked like in 2001 http://web.archive.org/web/200108210...n/Ultimate.cgi
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 01-04-2013 at 09:22 PM.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,617


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    It stands for bulletin board system I think? here is what this website looked like in 2001 http://web.archive.org/web/200108210...n/Ultimate.cgi
    Thanks, Mike. I can always count on you when it comes to shit I don't know that you do know.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,574


    Default

    no problem

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,076


    Default

    I don't think I'd ever really be able to put into words what the BBS means to me personally. It'd be some sort of rambling reply talking about non-Offspring music like the BBS Mixtape and driving to Nashville on a whim for the Shit is Fucked Up tour.

    Nizz, maybe next time you are in NC you could show your NC mods a little love? Randman's stunned silence would be amusing enough to keep me entertained for weeks.

    PS: Nizzy Doodles is a way better nickname.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Goi‚nia, Brazil
    Posts
    3,017


    Default

    No problem, Noodles. Sure, we're ready to come to the Official Offspring Podcast whenever you are, as Carson said. haha

    That would be great! Maybe during the next European tour, I was planning on going to Europe anyway, or here in South America at a beautiful beach with lots of sharks. Or maybe in 2014 in South Africa during your tour with the hologram of Tupak Shakur? And maybe then we could have some Greengo Bandito, too. I haven't been at that situation yet, but I would love to. I'm no political expert myself but after a few beers I can go on a few rants, too, I'm sure. Whether or not they'll make any sense remains a mystery, though.

    And meanwhile, you guys are welcome to come back to the BBS Podcast anytime!

    As _Lost_ said, it's hard to put into words what the BBS means to me, I've only been a member for about 6 years, but I've made a lot of friends on here who have become really important in my life.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    329


    Cool

    When they will put the f**king podcast ???

    Oh, What I am thinking About The BBS ? Well, we have our french Offspring BBS we talked in since 2001 here !!
    http://theoffspring-fr.zikforum.com/
    The Offspring BBS for me it's not just talking about the band, their music and their concert (yes it's this most of that of course) but now the BBS it becomes more an "Offspring Spirit" or "Offspring mentality" making friendship having funny sarcastic jokes with good energy and respect. It's like a daily reunion with people who love the same good things as you and enjoy it.
    IT's a also place to share our ideas about life (political things, sex, rock and philosofical discussion) and hard times of a life (death, daily problems, money, broke up, cd broken...) with the "Offspring Style" So I think it's better than to go to a therapy in the psychologist.
    So The Offspring BBS is for me the world how has to be. Rock and Sweet.
    Last edited by Powerh; 01-05-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •