Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 72

Thread: Campaign for The Offspring to come to the BBS Podcast

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nijmegen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    11,140


    Default

    I really like that idea, I'm sure we could set that up somehow. There's always a show or two where there will be at least 5 people from the BBS, and they tend to get to meet you guys backstage anyway.

    We've got all the equipment to record it, just have to make sure there's a good supply of beer. I remember the backstage meeting in London ending abruptly when the last beer was taken out of the fridge, haha.

    But sure, the band interviewing their fans would be very cool.
    * !

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Thessaloniki, Greece
    Posts
    1,151


    Default

    oh that sounds sooo nice cool and interesting!I like this idea
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

    Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    1,009


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
    But I believe Mr. Mauthe is a man of his word, right?
    Number #1 rule of the BBS, a source is required ... photographic evidence will suffice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
    That would be great! Maybe during the next European, South America or maybe the 2014 South Africa tour.
    I'm sure that Noodles will bus us all in

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,648


    Default

    Seeing all these members having been part of the BBS for so long, I feel I have no right to say what it means to me. I know it means more to me now than it did during the first month I was here. I feel more accepted, even though I've only been here for a few months. I'm even starting to make friends here and I'm learning certain members' basic personalities. I still have a long way to go, though.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,076


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
    As _Lost_ said, it's hard to put into words what the BBS means to me, I've only been a member for about 6 years, but I've made a lot of friends on here who have become really important in my life.
    Fuck! You've been here six years??? That means it has been 8 for me... geeze... Why don't I have a life yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,717


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Wow, so this was all Gustavo, huh? Was it simply this thread that got it done, or how did the podcast folks get this to happen?
    Okay, so I guess Gustavo's explanation was accurate. My love and admiration for him sometimes clouds reality.
    And well, this I just read as "Korn" instead of "kom", and I was about to be all wtf?? Why would anyone want to ruin a perfectly good podcast with Korn?!
    ME TOO. I can always count on you to misread the same things I do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Thanks for the explanation, Gustavo. I was wondering how we got roped into it myself. It was fun, but next time we get to ask you guys a bunch of questions. Here's a sample question:

    "What does the BBS mean to you today, and does it mean something different than it did 15 years ago?"

    Seriously though, I think it would be great to get a bunch of BBS-ers in the same room with us, say after some show in Europe, and just record a real conversation. No hype or expectations. Just a few beers after a show. I know that a bunch of you have been in this situation with us and it might be fun for those who haven't to see how boring it really can be, just to let them know they're not really missing that much. After the show is over we become really boring people and I tend to go on drunken political rants like a crazy uncle at a holiday dinner. Those of you who know this can attest to it now.

    Anyway, just a thought.
    I'm hoping to see you guys in Europe again this year! As awesome as it would be to take part in that, my social anxiety wouldn't allow it. So perhaps, I'd just sit in the corner, doing my patented pretend to be doing something important on my phone so I don't have to speak method. Hasn't failed me yet. Maybe I could teach Greg. Or maybe I could just have a few drinks and join the conversation (though this has failed me, several times).
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Nizz, maybe next time you are in NC you could show your NC mods a little love? Randman's stunned silence would be amusing enough to keep me entertained for weeks.
    Pfft, weeks. You still get a kick out of the first time, ALMOST FOUR YEARS AGO.
    PS: Nizzy Doodles is a way better nickname.
    Seconded. Sincerely glad that it stuck. Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
    As _Lost_ said, it's hard to put into words what the BBS means to me, I've only been a member for about 6 years, but I've made a lot of friends on here who have become really important in my life.
    Equally stunned that you've been here for that long. How could I not know da man was here until a year later?

    Since the question about what the BBS means wasn't serious, I won't really answer. Except to say, more than anyone could express with words.
    My myoosik:

    The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Prague, CZ
    Posts
    844


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    After the show is over we become really boring people...
    Naaah, I've met you guys once, after the Brussels Ignition show, and you were all super fun. Greg made a joke and I laughed with him for good 5 seconds. How often does he make a joke?! And do you remember giving me the beer before All I want?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    3,463


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Seriously though, I think it would be great to get a bunch of BBS-ers in the same room with us, say after some show in Europe, and just record a real conversation. No hype or expectations. Just a few beers after a show. I know that a bunch of you have been in this situation with us and it might be fun for those who haven't to see how boring it really can be, just to let them know they're not really missing that much. After the show is over we become really boring people and I tend to go on drunken political rants like a crazy uncle at a holiday dinner. Those of you who know this can attest to it now.

    Anyway, just a thought.
    Holy shit yes yes yes!! I think that avoiding the awkwardness of skype would probably make the podcast even more awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    I really like that idea, I'm sure we could set that up somehow. There's always a show or two where there will be at least 5 people from the BBS, and they tend to get to meet you guys backstage anyway.

    We've got all the equipment to record it, just have to make sure there's a good supply of beer. I remember the backstage meeting in London ending abruptly when the last beer was taken out of the fridge, haha.

    But sure, the band interviewing their fans would be very cool.
    I call my place!
    -In Europe (X)
    -Recording equipment (X)
    -Always (more than) enough beer in the fridge (X)
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,


    The Ricetigers

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    530


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
    But we should definitely plan a show in Europe sometime to have the biggest BBS Meet of all time, how cool would that be?
    I would totally come to the biggest BBS Meet of all time! But I agree with Melyssa on not having been here for so long so the forums probably means more to some other people here, but still the band means the same to me. I will try to be more active so that I can earn my spot on the Meet of all time. I've been reading these forums since 1998 but I'm not writing much.

    And if the band join in on a meet and greet I will probably join randman21 in the corner and
    Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    pretend to be doing something important on my phone so I don't have to speak

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,648


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    So perhaps, I'd just sit in the corner, doing my patented pretend to be doing something important on my phone so I don't have to speak method. Hasn't failed me yet. Maybe I could teach Greg.
    But Greg has already mastered this skill. Mykey told me that when he met Greg and Higgins, Greg was off to the side talking on his phone, and Higgins told him that Greg was in his own world.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •