Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everclear song 'Everything to Everyone'

Default Everclear song 'Everything to Everyone'

Its bass line is very similar to Self Esteem and another similarity is both songs' lyrics are cynical. But this song's are written in second-person instead of Self Esteem. I just wanted you to know.
    "I come not, friends, to steal away your hearts..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheNooseIsFalling View Post
    nothing really interesting is going on there, when the girls took off their pants, it didn't exactly turn out the way I expected

Lately I've been finding it amusing how recognizably 90s the music I grew up (and listen to) is.

Perhaps it was because it was all I listened to back then (thus meaning its put more into perspective) or perhaps enough time has passed.

I listened to Electric Uncle Sam recently and was kinda amused at how Smashing Pumpkins-y it sounds, never made that connection before.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Yeah, it's weird how little rock music evolved from the '90s until the end of the '00s, yet you can always tell a '90s song from a '00s song.

The exception being the rise of indie and garage rock, of course. Bands like the Hives or the White Stripes are obviously of a different decade, but that didn't really seem like the "next big thing" that grunge or hair metal was. It's mainstream popularity was kind of limited. Of the mainstream bands, I don't notice much of a difference.

Which reminds me. We're two years into this decade. It seems like the next big mainstream behemoth bands that will change the landscape of rock music should be hitting pretty soon.

Eww, yarock, you listen to Everclear? Let me guess, "it was a one time special"?

What are all you other pussies doing acting so tolerant about this?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Dude, I even listen to Marcy Playground.

nothing really interesting is going on there, when the girls took off their pants, it didn't exactly turn out the way I expected

I'd believe you if you could spell that right.

Omni, I'd argue that it's too recently the 2010's to see a recognizable 00s sound. I mean when the 90s ended it wasn't like the 00s were vastly different, but that also might be because the next big sound hadn't come along and put it into perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Wow, what a stupid thread. The songs are in the same key and use the same chord progression (like hundreds of other songs). The basslines are pretty simplistic, and therefore are pretty similar. They're not the same, though, and simple basslines like those often repeat and get reused. Useless thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I really wonder how do you quantify the weighted indexes of threads, enlighten me llamas. It's a cheesy thread, but how one key get used in so many songs is what it's least about.

Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    how one key get used in so many songs
    Do you know how many keys there are? There are exactly 24. And within those 24 keys, there are only about 10 common chord progressions. How many songs have been written? You tell me how one key can get used in so many songs when there are only 24 to choose from.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

My knowledge is very limited about keys, chords, etc. But this isn't what this is about.