Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live guitar tabs

Default Live guitar tabs

I know the band play their songs like a tone up or down or something live so the songs are slightly different from the album version, and I wana be able to play along to some of their live stuff, so so what do i do? play everything a fret lower or higher or what?

I think I read somewhere that they use a dropped D tuning.

they play their most concerts with down towned guitars and sometimes a little solo more, but very often its all the same

turn ur guitar to Eb:
    Eb
    Bb
    Gb
    Db
    Ab
    Eb

thats it, all offspring songs are tunned half a step down
    Last edited by Dexter1989; 10-28-2004 at 03:11 PM.

Half Step Down...so if you play a note...it sounds like your playing it 1 fret down from where your really playing it. SO if you wanna play live offspring songs with a normal tuned guitar, just play 1 fret lower.

6. Default

basically sum times dexter cant sing that high or what ever so they play in a differnt key i noticed that 2 i was playing along with the live album and i wasl ike .... hold up there playing it wrong fuck you guys! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dantai
    basically sum times dexter cant sing that high or what ever so they play in a differnt key i noticed that 2 i was playing along with the live album and i wasl ike .... hold up there playing it wrong fuck you guys! lol
    Live album?

8. Default

i bought a boot leg lol

offspring live in mancherster 2001 .... dunno why i got it but it was kool lol

With the hours of Live video I have of The Offspring, and the concert I have atteneded of their's (I want to go to Holiday Havoc but can't) I have never really noticed this at all with any song.

I think you're all insane, though it is a possibility that they'd alt-tune if Dex can't sing as high, though he tends to just try and end up sounding like he's dieing.

P.S.- not every song by The Offspring is in Standard E just so you know, if you didn't.

Yeah I know they arent all standard but ones that I know are like self esteem and playing along to the album my guitaring sounds fine but playing against some of their live tracks i sound out of tune so they are playing different from the record