Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Pastor Blames Women For Uncontrollable Male Sexual Lust

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fuckin' Bible belt....
    Posts
    1,361


    Default Pastor Blames Women For Uncontrollable Male Sexual Lust

    I'm sorry to have to bring up religion so blatantly again, but....ah, hell. No I'm not. This kind of thing just really pisses me off.

    Pastor CJ Mahaney put out a promotional video for one of his recent sermons, titled "What Men Think About Lust." The first minute or two is about one college student's introspective fight against apparently overwhelming obsession with sex....but the video quickly turns to blaming women for "dressing provocatively," calling on fathers to screen their daughter's wardrobes because "they're men, they know about this better than you do" and other such condescending BS.

    I mean, on the one hand, I understand the point they're trying to make --- women dressing scantily goes against their principles, and they think it subtly influences people to behave immorally --- but even though I disagree with that, I just can't stand this condescending, sexist, authoritative, priveleged tone the guy takes when he's explaining this. When he's speaking "to" women, it's like he's talking to someone who just never could have had a sincere or honest thought in their head about how their clothes might be seen by men. What's worse, though, is that he speaks as though women have some kind of "responsibility" towards men to dress a certain way. He keeps appealing to the general weakness of males, saying things like, "You don't understand how hard it is for men," or, "you don't understand how strong urges are for men," etc.

    I'm a man. I'm single. I have horny-ass thoughts all the time, but I don't let it distract me from my job or my relationships or my life, I don't hate myself for it, and most importantly, I don't blame women for it. If your dick is so overwhelmingly in control of your mind that you can't control yourself when a woman walks by in a tube top, then here's a thought --- maybe there's something wrong with you?

    [/rant]

    Sorry for that....I just consider it an insulting and demeaning cop-out (and an insult to me, personally) for any other man to sit here and use this bullshit excuse that "I'm a man, I can't help it!" YES YOU DAMN WELL CAN help it. The rest of us can. And if *you* can't, that's not normal. It's called sexual obsession, or sex addiction, and you can get professional help with stuff like that. But first you have to admit that YOU have a problem --- blaming it on someone else only justifies the behavior and enables it to escalate until you're doing shit like raping people. Look at the most common psychological profiles for non-serial rapists --- they almost always use the justification along the lines of, "she was asking for it, dressed like that."
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    If there were a job to rape men who think like this with baseball bats, I would apply for that job. Obviously, it also includes rapists, molesters, and men who think rape isn't a big deal or that 'it's just sex.'

    I almost want to meet people like this, just so I can punch them in the face.

    A lot of things piss me off or irritate me, but nothing anger me nearly as much as this shit.
    I wrote a four word letter.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    641


    Default

    Pastor is right. Women are right. Men are not that right, but kinda right. Everybody is right in this story. I'll write more on this later.

    right write right write
    "I come not, friends, to steal away your hearts..."

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNooseIsFalling View Post
    nothing really interesting is going on there, when the girls took off their pants, it didn't exactly turn out the way I expected


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Omnipresence
    Posts
    2,025


    Default

    I'd like to see him in a debate with some fundamentalist Muslim in favor of burkas.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    People's Republic of Cork
    Posts
    1,921


    Default

    Like a year or two ago here, there was a case this reminded me of.

    A woman who had moved to a small town got raped one nightand left next to some bins behind a pub. When she pressed charges tgere was uproar because he was known as a nice man among the locals and many of the people put the blame on her because she was apparently dressed provacatively. At the court case a line of locals, including the priest, formed to shake this man's hand.
    Bloody sickening. Im not so sure what happened afterwards.

    Honestly, people need to control themselves, you cant just assume a woman secretly wants to have sex because she looks like she does. Is it really that hard for some people to keep it in their pants. Ugh.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Vodka Belt
    Posts
    3,270


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    I'm sorry to have to bring up religion so blatantly again, but....ah, hell. No I'm not. This kind of thing just really pisses me off.

    Pastor CJ Mahaney put out a promotional video for one of his recent sermons, titled "What Men Think About Lust." The first minute or two is about one college student's introspective fight against apparently overwhelming obsession with sex....but the video quickly turns to blaming women for "dressing provocatively," calling on fathers to screen their daughter's wardrobes because "they're men, they know about this better than you do" and other such condescending BS.

    I mean, on the one hand, I understand the point they're trying to make --- women dressing scantily goes against their principles, and they think it subtly influences people to behave immorally --- but even though I disagree with that, I just can't stand this condescending, sexist, authoritative, priveleged tone the guy takes when he's explaining this. When he's speaking "to" women, it's like he's talking to someone who just never could have had a sincere or honest thought in their head about how their clothes might be seen by men. What's worse, though, is that he speaks as though women have some kind of "responsibility" towards men to dress a certain way. He keeps appealing to the general weakness of males, saying things like, "You don't understand how hard it is for men," or, "you don't understand how strong urges are for men," etc.

    I'm a man. I'm single. I have horny-ass thoughts all the time, but I don't let it distract me from my job or my relationships or my life, I don't hate myself for it, and most importantly, I don't blame women for it. If your dick is so overwhelmingly in control of your mind that you can't control yourself when a woman walks by in a tube top, then here's a thought --- maybe there's something wrong with you?

    [/rant]

    Sorry for that....I just consider it an insulting and demeaning cop-out (and an insult to me, personally) for any other man to sit here and use this bullshit excuse that "I'm a man, I can't help it!" YES YOU DAMN WELL CAN help it. The rest of us can. And if *you* can't, that's not normal. It's called sexual obsession, or sex addiction, and you can get professional help with stuff like that. But first you have to admit that YOU have a problem --- blaming it on someone else only justifies the behavior and enables it to escalate until you're doing shit like raping people. Look at the most common psychological profiles for non-serial rapists --- they almost always use the justification along the lines of, "she was asking for it, dressed like that."
    That's the key sentence here. Devoted religious people love to blame everything on someone or something else. You should try to ignore these idiots, because all they do is talking about bullshit. I'd say that even a majority of Christians would think he is talking about bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,145


    Default

    Alison > This is absolutely disgusting yet so not uncommon.

    A few years ago, a girl was burnt to death in the suburbs of Paris because she broke up with her boyfriend.

    Of course, the guy is in jail for a long time but you will always find people to say that well... you know... SHE made him suffer so... of course maybe he overreacted but the sentence is exagerrated...

    And then people are being outraged when they hear about a 14 year old being beaten to death because she WAS raped and therefore, committed adultery... (really happened, Bangladesh).

    True, it can hardly be compared, the girl didn't die and could take her case to Court but it's the same process of making the victim guilty.

    Crazy.
    ___________________________________________

    All the Beautiful Things you do

    Respect my authoritah !

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    641


    Default

    We usually have academicians rather than pastors here preaching about uncontrollable sexual desires of men. Not long ago, one blundered that women who wears low-cut dresses deserves to get harassed.

    This syndrome can go on people who seem 'more' leaning to their beliefs unlike the other parts of society that they fictionalized in their minds. Not only in mine, but every religion has this women-freak dickheads who thinks it's righteous to degrade women and uses their sexuality to excuse their idiocy.
    "I come not, friends, to steal away your hearts..."

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNooseIsFalling View Post
    nothing really interesting is going on there, when the girls took off their pants, it didn't exactly turn out the way I expected


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,048


    Default



    That is all.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cascadian Exile
    Posts
    19,609


    Default

    Oh yeah, this is news. I'm so shocked.

    At least we can feel rest assured that there are no sexual deviants in the Catholic church. For if there were, my world would come crashing down.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •