Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drug Addiction/Alcoholism

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    In my time here, I have come to realise that other countries do have different attitudes to drinking. Some people here think that I drink too much. But ya see, by standards here, I don't. In fact, the majority of my friends drink a heeecckk of a lot more than me. When I don't drink it's not like I'm craving a drink either.
    Exactly yeah. I think that french are heavy drinkers. But not the drunkest people in Europe.

French drink a lot but always moderatly. We rarely get drunk. But you have the glass of wine at every meal, the "apero", a sacred tradition and of course the parties. Also, most french drink regularly during the week. We don't drink more during the week end or not a lot more.
    I was very surprised in Copenhagen to see how people behaved during the week days and went completely crazy during the week end. I've never seen so many people that drunk in Paris, at the same time.

One another thing I noticed about an American (US ) this time. Though I don't want to generalize. Once, at one of my teenage parties (I was 17 I think), a friend of mine had brought his american penpal who was visiting, who was our age.
    Very cool guy when he was sober. But it was obvious that guy didn't have the same access to alcohol than we had. He drank all he could as fast as he could. There wasn't the "binge drinking" notion but that's exactly what it was. We all told him it was cool, that he could calm down, that there was plenty of alcohol and that we were gonna stay all night... but he basically didn't get it... he seemed to have an urge to drink. After a while, I told my friend to leave with him because I didn't want to call the emergencies because a guy passed out at my place...

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Harley, that's honestly not too uncommon for underage Americans (was he underage?) That's how people drank at every single college party I ever attended. My friends would mix my drinks at 85% rum, 15% coke. I tried to explain to them that I could get just as drunk with something that didn't taste like ass, but they had this attitude about being "hardcore". And some of the drinking games we used to play... they'll fuck you up so fast. My drinking habits changed drastically when I moved to Europe. I love that a beer (or a wine, depending on where you live, but I prefer a beer) with lunch is not uncommon here. It's a huge generalization, but I would definitely say that Americans drink to get drunk, while Europeans drink because they enjoy drinking or even the taste. And then you sometimes get drunk and that's cool, too Of course, it varies across the US and Europe how people behave, but it's definitely a general feeling I've gotten. Even the Finns and Czechs don't seem to drink as ridiculously as Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Did the counselor give you the reason why you should not drink? I do not think that you need to give up drinking for the rest of your life, but since your nucleus accumbens does not care if you are high on alcohol or oxycontin, drinking might increase the chances of a relapse.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Life's short i say live it. If that for you means guzzling alchohol, then do it. however if your serious about staying clean then i'd be careful about it.
    I personly started drinking a 11 and have no problems at all, i actually think it's good for you thats just my opinion.
    My only problem is i lost the ability to spell alot of big words corecly and my hand writings a little dodgy. other than that i'm fine.
    Last edited by Bearzy; 05-11-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearzy View Post
    Life's short i say live it. If that for you means guzzling alchohol, then do it. however if your serious about staying clean then i'd be careful about it.
    I personly started drinking a 11 and have no problems at all, i actually think it's good for you thats just my opinion.
    My only problem is i lost the ability to spell alot of big words corecly and my hand writings a little dodgy. other than that i'm fine.
    lmao. What about the starving people in third world countries who don't have access to alcohol? Also: it's all makes sense now that we know you started drinking at the age of 11 and think it's good for you. Hahaha.
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384
    the worst hangovers ever.
    I refuse to be the first Offspring fan to do something with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    And some of the drinking games we used to play... they'll fuck you up so fast. My drinking habits changed drastically when I moved to Europe. I love that a beer (or a wine, depending on where you live, but I prefer a beer) with lunch is not uncommon here. It's a huge generalization, but I would definitely say that Americans drink to get drunk, while Europeans drink because they enjoy drinking or even the taste. And then you sometimes get drunk and that's cool, too Of course, it varies across the US and Europe how people behave, but it's definitely a general feeling I've gotten. Even the Finns and Czechs don't seem to drink as ridiculously as Americans.
    Good 'ol Circle of Death, eh? I personally cannot stand the taste or feeling of hard liquor. I have recently, however, developed a penchant for a good cold lager. The most I ever drink in a day is probably two cans of beer. I suppose I'm a person who drinks for taste, just not a lot of alcohols taste very good to me.

I failed another alcohol test. This time, the counselor said that I failed 4 times and if I fail again I'm getting moved to Intensive Out-Patient care, which is more money and is four times a week. So I said, "Presumably, if I were to fail a test for opiates even once, you'd move me to IOP, right? So if occasionally drinking is as bad as you're saying it is, then why am I allowed to fail for alcohol four times?

She didn't like that, lol. She was like "Do you want me to move you now"?

Fuck it, I'm going to stop going. Ima do my own thing. Have a beer here and there.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I think everything has been said, but I would like to underline that moderation is sometimes much harder than abstinence, and is also a bigger and cooler achievement.
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

I could very well be wrong, but it seems like it's a lot harder to get into extremely serious trouble with alcohol. Alcohol is cheaper and it just seems like it takes alcohol a lot longer to ruin your personal or professional life. I have to admit, this is mostly just based on personal experience, but I've known/still know many people that drink basically everyday for extended periods of time and have yet to really create a desperate situation financial, socially, or otherwise.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Drink up man. If you met some alchys that're holdin it together, why can't you?

Programs like that are BS. It's all about you as a person. Just remember that if you think you can, or you think you can't. you're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?