Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Less To Go, my band

Default One Less To Go, my band

Hello,

I would like to present you " One Less To Go".

You can check out our first song on our youtube chanel www.youtube.com/onelesstogo

Our first song is called "before it slips away" and it's about how it's important to seize your life and fully live it.

I would like to know what do you think about the music, what could be improved etc.
    Since we are french speaking people from belgium, I would like to know if the pronunciation is ok.

We've recorded 4 song, and they will be released during this week so stay tuned.

Thanks.

ps: here is a direct link to the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V903HDO7mK8

Hi ,

We are still waiting for comments so really do not hesitate even if you don't like it.

You can listen to our second son which is " thousand miles to the moon"

I even wrote the lyrics as an acrostic, so I would like to have your comments about the text knowing that i'm not an english native speaker.

http://www.youtube.com/onelesstogo#p/u/6/stVoVq44KHg here is the link to our new song

or you can get through www.youtube.com/onelesstogo

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

1000 Miles to the Moon is great! The guitar is very well-played throughout the whole song, and the melody is nice. Is that one the acrostic? I couldn't really hear the lyrics, but it didn't sound like one. Anyway, post the lyrics and we'll see. I wrote an acrostic years ago, but it wasn't nearly as good as yours!

I also liked Before it Slips Away. I'm wondering, how's the music scene where you live? Do you get to play many shows?
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

seize the moment is punk as fuck. didnt really like 1000 miles to the moon
    HAVE YOU EVER GONE AWAY with ONE HUNDRED PUNKS to have THE WORST HANGOVER EVER?
    “Trust me, mate. Stingrays can't swim backwards.”~ Steve Irwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    That sucks. But it's not a surprise, I read an article which says that a lot if studies show that death is really bad for your health...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Who is Blowjob Armstrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Condoms, you and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic
    Cockin' and Jockin' since July 2005

Thanks for the comment

Tired of this mindset
    Hasty, he wants to forget
    Out there he wishes to be
    Unchained he long to be
    Suddenly living this place
    Asking for an outer space
    Never really free
    Dsappearing feeling the glee

Miles after miles
    Inside he shines
    Lightened and releaved now
    Escaping his dead end life
    Sorrow's left behind

To the moon he goes
    Out there it glows

T
    H
    E

Melancholy is pouring in
    Oh Now he is leaving
    On a sign less track
    Never looking back

Actually it is not a perfect acrostic because the "the" didn't fit in the song. I mean we didn't find out how to sing the lyrics I wrote properly. And It's not a perfect acrostic because I have added "tomorrow is not an other day meaning of life he reaches/ he seizes"

And we didn't get to play any shows yet, we wanted to record some songs before looking for shows, it's much easier that way.

The two other songs we've recorded are going to be released this week end on our youtube chanel.

www.youtube.com/onelesstogo

One of the song is called demon at the door and it sounds a little bit like the smashing pumpkins, and the other one is called living in this and it's hard to define the sound
    Last edited by OneLessToGo; 02-05-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLessToGo View Post
    Hello,

I would like to present you " One Less To Go".

You can check out our first song on our youtube chanel www.youtube.com/onelesstogo

Our first song is called "before it slips away" and it's about how it's important to seize your life and fully live it.

I would like to know what do you think about the music, what could be improved etc.
    Since we are french speaking people from belgium, I would like to know if the pronunciation is ok.

We've recorded 4 song, and they will be released during this week so stay tuned.

Thanks.

ps: here is a direct link to the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V903HDO7mK8
    Hey, Before It Slips Away is a nice song! I like the punk-rockish energy mixed with different elements that make it pretty distinctive. About the pronunciation: One is able to hear the French accent, but the pronunciation is ok, and the accent makes your music even more unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Thanks again for the comment.

Our next song will be released on youtube tomorrow.

Hope you'll like it too

Here I am again.

I come to announce that our third song is available on our youtube chanel

Hope you'l like the song, about the sound of the music well it sound a little bit like the smashing pumpkins in the sens that there are heavy guitar riffs with a clean voice but you are the only judge.

To answer an other question about music in belgium ( where we live) well it's a dead place, at least in the south part of belgium, the north is a bit more evolved but still everything is still to be done here

Here it is

The last but not the least, "Living in this" our lastest song is on our youtube channel

Or you can go directly through
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEyLzCzDWSQ

Again feel free to comment our songs, lyrics and music

Here we are again,

But this time with a cover song " when a man loves a woman"

Hope you'll like our version