Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nirvana

Default Nirvana

Nevermind was my first love. I miss Kurt Cobain. I wish he was still alive and making music. RIP

Liked the David Bowie's cover for The Man Who Sold The World. So, any fans still listens to old stuff?

I'm not a fan but I do like Nirvana very much! When I was 15 I always listened to Nirvana, Blink 182 and of course The Offspring one friend was crazy about Nirvana, another about Blink, and me about The Offspring. And now sometimes I listen to Nirvana (Huge band)

I love Nirvana. Okay, it isn't my favorite band, but I like how they played music. They are a piece of music history. I miss Kurt too

Never got the love for 'em, personally. Even in terms of "importance", I mean, they're the worst of the big four or five grunge bands, and stadium rock/glam rock etc was dying out anyway.

They always just seemed like their whole "icon" status came from being the most accessible, to me. Like, they can't hold a fucking candle to Alice or Soundgarden, even Pearl Jam really, but they're the monster band, voice of a generation blah blah.

Then again, I'm an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    they're the worst of the big four or five grunge bands,
    hahahaha It's your point of view, it's ok! I won't defend them ! I only defend The Offspring!

They're pretty much the only band from the grunge scene that i enjoy. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, ect just bore me to tears.

In Utero is such a killer album: even though i haven't listened to it in ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

For me, it's all about Nirvana, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden. I can't get into Pearl Jam, they are ok and all, but I don't know. I just don't like them as much as the others.

Soundgarden are far from being boring for me, and AiC are simply brilliant.

I really enjoy Nirvana but I guess Smells Like Teen Spirit is their most overrated song ever. While it still is a great song, pretty much every other track off "Nevermind" clicks with me far better. "In Utero" had to grow on me though, now I like it a lot but I haven't listened to some of the songs in a really long time. "Heart-Shaped Box" is probably my favorite track on that album.

And at one point I was trying to get into Pearl Jam but it just didn't work for me.
    And if this post offends you, just don't read it...

I miss Kurt too. It would be really awesome if they were still here with us. But then again, what has 6 arms, 6 legs, and 2 heads? Nirvana.

And let me correct this: it was Nirvana that covered Bowie, not the other way around.
    Dex bless Kurt's soul, RIP.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

I tend to listen more and more to In Utero as the years go by. There's a few lines there that really resonate with me...like:
    "What is wrong with me?..."
    "If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first..."
    "In the sun I feel as one"
    etc.

The other records I listen to at least once a year.
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.