Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 unknown 1986 demos

Quote Originally Posted by KrispyNotKrunchy View Post
    Anyway, sorry to post this "tease" on here. I plan on ripping these to MP3 at the highest quality possible and I will also look into seeing if FLAC is doable, but no promises. It may be at least a week before I have them converted.
    How's it going on ye olde ripping process? Sorry for being impatient when great music's just around the corner...

Unfortunately, it's coming along slow but sure. I mailed it to my uncle who lives in California (about 3000 miles from here). He received it successfully and it is on his to-do list. He does audio stuff for both recording artists as well as movies, and has a lot of professional equipment for that type of thing. That's what he does for a living. Anyway, it's in progress and I'll let you know. I completely understand you checking. If it was me, I'd be on here every day as well, checking...

The first tape, I got my friend to help me with it. He lives in town and just happened to have an old soundboard at his work that he could record to digital. Unfortunately, the quality wasn't very good. I have much more confidence in my uncle's ability since he works with Hollywood and all.

Thank you so much.

Talking

great news man I know I want to hear that

Quote Originally Posted by KrispyNotKrunchy View Post
    Unfortunately, it's coming along slow but sure. I mailed it to my uncle who lives in California (about 3000 miles from here). He received it successfully and it is on his to-do list. He does audio stuff for both recording artists as well as movies, and has a lot of professional equipment for that type of thing. That's what he does for a living. Anyway, it's in progress and I'll let you know. I completely understand you checking. If it was me, I'd be on here every day as well, checking...

The first tape, I got my friend to help me with it. He lives in town and just happened to have an old soundboard at his work that he could record to digital. Unfortunately, the quality wasn't very good. I have much more confidence in my uncle's ability since he works with Hollywood and all.
    That's great news! I was hoping it wouldn't be something like a walkman hooked up to the line in on a soundcard but what you described here is a lot better than i expected. Can't wait!
    Last edited by adimifus; 11-04-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Before sending it off, I listened to it once through on an old boombox. I honestly can't tell the quality of the tape because it's a crappy boombox, but I am confident that my uncle will be able to do the "best quality possible" rip. Keep in mind that all cassettes that are 25 years old are not as sharp as when they're new. That being said, I'm sure everyone will be happy with the result

I'll be happy with any result. I don't mind if the quality sucks a bit...

I hear ya... After sending it off, I immediately regretted not recording a bit with the mic on my iPhone... just so I could have "something" to share with you guys while we wait. 20/20 Hindsight

It'll be worth the wait, I'm sure of it! :)
    * !

Are you all ready for me to make your day?