Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 unknown 1986 demos

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    They two other songs I know of from that era; Very Sarcastic, and Sorority Bitch. Were any of these six songs on the other three song demo tape? I can't remember at the moment.
    Halloween, call it religion and fire and ice. I'd really like to hear ballroom blitz.

They two other songs I know of from that era; Very Sarcastic, and Sorority Bitch. Were any of these six songs on the other three song demo tape? I can't remember at the moment.
    Another one is "We Don't Have Sex Anymore". I just tried to look up where Noodles talked about it, but failed to do so. This is the best 'proof' I could find; other people remember references to the song as well.
    http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16497
    * !

I thought that song was just on a fake tracklist for what would become RaF,RaG. Are you sure it actually exists? I was pretty sure none of those songs really existed.

Also, someone mentioned Cogs earlier. If I recall, that song was dismantled and turned into Come Out and Play, so I'm sure the actual song doesn't exist anymore. Or if it does, it would sounds like a very rough cut of Come Out and Play.

Also, someone mentioned Cogs earlier. If I recall, that song was dismantled and turned into Come Out and Play, so I'm sure the actual song doesn't exist anymore. Or if it does, it would sounds like a very rough cut of Come Out and Play.
    It was actually Gotta Get Away that they turned it into, but Cogs wasn't the same song as Gotta Get away, only the main guitar riff was used in GGA. The rest was all different. They play a bit of it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXNIp5HgW3g
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

I guess the main riff is the thing they played in the video, and the bridge is what they turned into Gotta Get Away. But yeah, that's pretty much why I want to hear Cogs so badly. I love hearing earlier drafts/versions of things I already know. I NEED TO HEAR THIS!
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Another one is "We Don't Have Sex Anymore". I just tried to look up where Noodles talked about it, but failed to do so. This is the best 'proof' I could find; other people remember references to the song as well.
    http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16497
    I actually thought this was a working title for Spare Me the Details. People started talking about it when Splinter was being recorded...

Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    I actually thought this was a working title for Spare Me the Details. People started talking about it when Splinter was being recorded...
    Possibly, although Spare Me The Details should be called "I Don't Have Sex Anymore" because the girl seemed to get plenty.
    * !

I'm always really interested in unreleased/demo material. Here are fun quotes about stuff:

Give It Up

"[Dexter]: Right now I‘m calling it ‘Give It Up‘. It‘s about a jerk who is all into himself and he thinks all the girls want him.

[Web Dude]: Yeah, this song has a kick ass bass line. It‘s really cool. I like it a lot."

Pass Me By
    "[D]: Kind of a slow rock song that kind of like…well, I like it a lot. I‘ve called it ‘Pass Me By‘. I don‘t know what it‘s going to be about. You got 5 minutes? [laughs]

[WD]: Yeah, I want to check this one out. It sounds like Denial, Revisited a little. It‘s really hard rock with beefy guitars.

[D]: It‘s kind of spooky. I like this lead part a lot. It‘s one of those songs where I‘ve played it for people and they‘ve said maybe you could shorten it or something but I kinda‘ like it the way it is and I figure it‘s not necessarily gonna‘ be on the radio and not all songs need to follow a real strict pop single format. And to a certain degree you‘ve got to let a song write itself."

"Got Some New Stuff (Dexter)
    08/18/06
    Trivia for you guys…there was one outtake from Splinter. It was called ‘Pass Me By‘. We really liked it, and all, it was sort of heavy and we just decided to hold off on releasing it. So take that one straight to the BBS!"

Dirty Magic Redo
    "Huntington Beach, CA (Dexter)
    02/15/06
    The version of Dirty Magic we recorded last year is an electric version with drums. That song is kind of special to us because it‘s one of those requests we always get from our most hardcore fans. Unfortunately, most people don‘t know the song, cause most people don‘t know our music from before Smash. We always thought that it was a good song, but that we could do a better job recording it now than we could back then. So we did it, and Atom played on it. It sounds great. I‘m not sure if it will come out someday or what. Maybe if you guys are really really nice…"

Hey Joe (Spanish Lyrics)

" #19 06-04-2005, 11:19 PM
    Noodles
    The Offspring Join Date: Oct 2004

We used to cover "Hey Joe" and Dexter always sang the lyrics in Spanish. I'm sure I have a tape of that somewhere.

http://www.offspring.com/community/showthread.php?p=342652#post342652"

Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom

"Q: And that riff during the instrumental section that repeats while the chords change behind it - where would that type of orchestration come from?

A: That was definitely something that got worked in the studio because it had a totally different verse. It had this really heavy, dark, menacing bass driven verse and Dexter and Bob felt that it just wasn’t working. I really loved it because it was a huge contrast between the verse and chorus. I felt it worked together but they weren’t feeling it. After a little while it was, “Nah, this isn’t working” and then it really got reworked. They were right, it did come out a little better. You never know with these things. Another one where I lost that vote but I like the song, it really started to grow on me once they changed it.

Sometimes I’ll hear something and I’ll have a hard time letting go of the way I originally heard it. Sometimes I just have a block there.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/offsprings_noodles_i_dont_care_to_argue_how_punk_i _am.html"

It's All Good

" #531
    Old 05-03-2010, 12:57 PM
    Dexter Holland
    The Offspring

So many questions! Well, thanks for asking, grasshoppers...I appreciate that you are all so keen to glean any info from us that you can!

Let me just address the last few posts...

Yes I have had Gringo on pizza...I highly recommend it. You know what else? Mix it with ranch. Spicy ranch, it's great.

Working with Bob Rock has been the best experience that we have had in the studio. Bob is obviously a great producer, but beyond that Bob and we get along and sort of see the record making process similarly..the songs sometimes take a little longer to finish but the end result is far better for taking the time and is something we're very proud of.

Right now we're working on a new batch of songs..they're all in different stages, some are just started and some are nearly finished. The only song title I have right now is one called 'It's All Good'..will it make the record? Who knows! We are going in the studio today, everyday for the next two weeks..we're going to try to get something new finished and ready to play live on tour this summer..we'll keep you posted!

http://offspring.com/community/showpost.php?p=1402084&postcount=531"

My Offspring
    July 2nd, 2010 - Maryland Heights, Missouri
    July 20th, 2012 - St. Louis, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark
    I used to collect old offspring bootlegs, I have them on a hard drive somewhere. Crossroads, Something to believe in, come out swinging, never gonna find me, dirty magic (electric in austrailia, and acoustic in austrailia) i definitely have.
    Mark, we're not giving up.

noone had any luck tracking down these songs then?

Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretomas View Post
    it seems there's one for sale for 350 euros in case you thought the last one was too cheap...

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Cassette/...?ev=bp_rel_det

maybe you could try and contact the seller to find out more info if that's your bag? or maybe even offer a cheaper price
    Okay, so here's the skinny. That link is actually the winner of "the tape" we were tracking on eBay. He lives in Bulgaria. He won the 3 song demo and sold it to me for way too much. Then, ironically, he won the 6 song demo and is now asking for more than $450 USD for it. I said before that I had been trying to contact him, and originally he was answering and being nice enough, but I guess he got bored with me. My most recent email I sent him was "returned/rejected". Apparantly he blocked my email address. What a douche.

Anyway, so yeah, this tape is the tape we've been looking for and it has a pricetag of €350.00. Ideas?