Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 unknown 1986 demos

Quote Originally Posted by KrispyNotKrunchy View Post
    Ideas?
    Let's despair. Yeah, let's collect $ here, to infinity, good luck, to make that mutherfucker rich, and let's pay two times for 3 same songs, just great.

It'd be cheaper to hire some local desperate gentlemans. :D

I agree that that's an absurd price for only 3 new songs, but then again, I would give my left nut for more Offspring songs... I can get $250.00 by pawning my high school class ring, and I am going to suggest to the BBS community at large, that if I can raise an additional $200.00 from donations, I'll buy that tape, getting better quality rips than before of all SIX songs, and live happily ever after.

If anyone wants to help donate, my PayPal address is saxrulzcp@aol.com

See you on the other side!

could you not set up an actual fundraising page? like kickstarter or something? then the progress can be tracked, the donors are listed and whoever the money is being given to can be held to account a little easier if they ran away with the money haha.

i still agree that i'd rather not make that bastard rich though.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Yeah, I can't support this kind of cuntery, man. What did he sell the last demo for, 150 for three tracks? Now it's six, only two of which we haven't heard, and he more than doubles the price...The last time, I thought it was way exorbitant, but worth it. This ain't. We are the hardest of the die-hard, and if you don't buy it, I really don't see anyone else paying that much for it. So let the scumbag bring the price down before considering. Of course, that's just me.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

apparently he has "two potential buyers", don't know how true that is but I guess we'll have to wait and see what they do with if if one of them ends up buying it

Quote Originally Posted by hardcoretomas View Post
    apparently he has "two potential buyers", don't know how true that is
    maybe he means the 2 people who have it in their want list on discogs? i'm one of them but i certainly won't be paying that much for it!

Quote Originally Posted by i_am_the_bishop View Post
    maybe he means the 2 people who have it in their want list on discogs? i'm one of them but i certainly won't be paying that much for it!
    Ahhh that makes sense! Good stuff, once he comes back down to earth I'm sure he'll change his mind.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by i_am_the_bishop View Post
    That's exactly what I was hoping! Unless a person is rich, the price is several times more than reasonable. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that he realizes it soon!
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Crap it's not there anymore. I guess that means someone bought it or he's taken it down, and I think it's more likely the second person watching it bought it. I guess we have to wait now...

Well I'm not rich, and I'm not trying to be a superhero or anything, and I also don't agree with the price or the fact that he's exploiting fans for his own gain... BUT, Tonight I Do and Ballroom Blitz in the Offspring world, are legends. They are tracks that NO ONE has. They are songs that no one truly knows how they sound. I want a piece of that.

I just talked him down from $468 USD to $350 USD, and then I bought them. Call me a dumbass or whatever else you want to... I'm going to get all SIX of them ripped in MUCH better quality than the first 3 and share them with y'all. If someone wants to help donate to the cause (MINE, not his), try the PayPal address I listed above. I don't expect anyone to do anything though...

Also, in case some of you didn't know, I already sold the first tape again to a member of these forums. I had raised $42 from donations, bought it for $150, and sold it for roughly $100 after shipping. So I'm even with that. FWIW.