Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 unknown 1986 demos

The tape arrived today. All I can say is this: "I'm not worthy". Seriously... eargasms...

It's the real deal. The songs are (in this order):

1 - Blackball (a demo version I've never heard)
    2 - Tonight I Do (I must admit, I've never been able to make out many lyrics in the crappy live versions on YouTube, but this is definately a good song)
    3 - Call It Religion
    4 - Ballroom Blitz (really cool, and also much "punk"er than I expected)
    5 - Halloween
    6 - Fire & Ice (early version of I'll Be Waiting)

The beginning of Ballroom Blitz starts with the guys talking back and forth:

Dexter: Ready Greg?!
    Greg: Yeah!
    Dexter: Kevin?
    Noodles: WAAAAAHHHH!!
    Dexter: James?
    James: Satan!!

...lol

Anyway, sorry to post this "tease" on here. I plan on ripping these to MP3 at the highest quality possible and I will also look into seeing if FLAC is doable, but no promises. It may be at least a week before I have them converted.

Again, sorry for the tease, but I promise they are worth the wait.

Another reminder if you haven't already done so, my PayPal address is saxrulzcp@aol.com and I greatly appreciate any donations towards this effort. Large or small.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH! I'm sooooo excited!!!! I can't wait! Thank you so much! I don't know how to send a donation, do I just send it with my paypal? I don't know. I'll send you a donation this saturday. Thanks again, I've been waiting for this for so long.

Way to go Krispy! I tell you what, I've got some lottery tickets in front of me, no idea how much I won. But you're gonna get at least some of it (or maybe everything if it's a crappy amount)
    * !

Quote Originally Posted by Kciec Nayr View Post
    AAAAAAAAHHHHHH! I'm sooooo excited!!!! I can't wait! Thank you so much! I don't know how to send a donation, do I just send it with my paypal? I don't know. I'll send you a donation this saturday. Thanks again, I've been waiting for this for so long.
    Haha... if you have a PayPal account, just go on there and choose to Send Money to saxrulzcp@aol.com. If you put it down as a "gift/donation" it won't charge me stupid fees.

Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Way to go Krispy! I tell you what, I've got some lottery tickets in front of me, no idea how much I won. But you're gonna get at least some of it (or maybe everything if it's a crappy amount)
    Thanks! i'll look forward to a crappy amount

Awesome! I hope you can get FLAC figured out and get them up somewhere. (high bitrate MP3 is good, too, but lossless is always better) Can't wait!

Awesome dude, i can't wait to hear it. I hope you can finish it soon, i'm dying to hear the cover of Ballroom Blitz, heck i can't wait to hear it all! And in advance thanks for posting this rare stuff on the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by KrispyNotKrunchy View Post
    2 - Tonight I Do (I must admit, I've never been able to make out many lyrics in the crappy live versions on YouTube, but this is definately a good song)
    I knew it's gonna be great. I loved the guitars in the crappy quality San Berubin 1987 video.

thank you soo much!can't wait for it! ps: Shit I have been charge an extra fee
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

I have no paypal, and not how to use. good luck and congratulations!