Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BBS Mixtape Vol. 6

Default BBS Mixtape Vol. 6

Ya it's time, lets see what we get this time. Carson, are you up for running it again? Deadline is... April 1st

What is it?
    A collection of mp3's performed by members of the forum. Basically a .zip/.rar file that people can download & listen to.

How many tracks?
    Around 15.

What are the qualifications?

Um, must be member of the forum, preferably posts in not just this forum. Does not have to be a band.. Instrumental is okay, too.

Let's just say that as long as it doesn't literally hurt my ears to listen to it, I'll okay it. Oh and as much as I love Pay The Man, 13-minute tracks rarely work so the track should be within considerable limits.

Doesn't have to be a new track, you could have recorded it in 2006 as long as it's by you/your band.

I would love if it was more original songs than covers but I guess covers are okay, too. Let's say you have an okay original song and a kickass cover; please submit the okay original song. The idea is to get your voice heard! :]

I can't play an instrument or sing but want to participate, can I?

Sure! I don't have Photoshop or PSP so it would be totally kickass if somebody with l33t photoshop skillz could make an album cover/track listing to the album!

Another idea is for somebody to record a spoken word intro ala Americana or Ixnay or Smash. Hey, if it worked for the Offspring, it can work for us!

How do I submit a track?

Upload an mp3 on yousendit.com/sendspace.com/megaupload.com or something similar, PM Homer with the link, track name & your band name/artist name - otherwise I'll just credit your username on the forums as the artist.

Any deadlines?

Try to get them in by April 1st ..unless you guys feel that's way too early. Again I remind you it doesn't have to be a newly made track.

When all tracks are submitted, I'll listen to them and form a preferred order of listening (which may or may not suck) and pack them in a .rar/.zip and upload. :]

Anything else?

- Largely depends on the number of submissions but for now: 2 songs per artist/band, and I'll probably pick one of those.. Or send just one song if you feel confident enough in it.

- Genre can be anything but I would ask you to submit an approachable track; an 8 minute noise track might be the best thing you've ever done but will the others get into it?
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

I haven't been making anything lately, I hope I can finally finish something now.

I need to buy a new mic and some other things first too.
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

I'm sure I'll be able to contribute. I've actually just started working on a new EP, so this is good timing
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Nice timing, I just fixed my recording PC.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

You best believe I'm gonna be all up in this shit this time. A two Mixtape hiatus is long enough. I've been writing like crazy, but I haven't been able to consistently finish songs for two years. This could be my motivatorrrr.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    You best believe I'm gonna be all up in this shit this time. A two Mixtape hiatus is long enough. I've been writing like crazy, but I haven't been able to consistently finish songs for two years. This could be my motivatorrrr.
    Hell yes! Not sure about a Ricetigers entry this time, but I could try to get something finished by April first. Nice to see the SRIs back in it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

I am gonna push and push the boys from my band so we finally record something in good quality! We just need to finally be on here...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

ALSO REALLY IMPORTANT

Send me your songs in MP3 format at a bitrate of 320kbps (if possible), because MP3's work on any system.

Also send me the lyrics to the song along with your submission.
    Last edited by Homer; 02-28-2011 at 12:33 AM.

I'll be submitting again this time, I'm currently recording a piece, it should be done after one or two more sessions. (Which given everything I have to do these days, could take weeks to find the time to have those sessions)

But I'll make the deadline for sure.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

I'll be submitting.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.