Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Serialized dramatic television

Default Serialized dramatic television

is my favorite thing that has become popular in the last decade. Your thoughts?

Also let's talk about how awesome The Wire was.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

Nothing is satisfying after finishing The Wire. So don't finish The Wire, and if you haven't watched it yet just start. Last night I opened The Shield's pilot all of a sudden, it was lying in my archives for several months. I had to close it sourly after 20 minutes. But I'll keep watching it, because I have to; it seems like current tv won't seem like getting any better. I even couldn't connect to David Simon's Treme.
    "I come not, friends, to steal away your hearts..."

Quote Originally Posted by TheNooseIsFalling View Post
    nothing really interesting is going on there, when the girls took off their pants, it didn't exactly turn out the way I expected

I had the same reaction with an episode of Law and Order last night.

Breaking Bad is pretty fucking amazing. I can't wait for the new season to start on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    Breaking Bad is pretty fucking amazing. I can't wait for the new season to start on Sunday.
    It's pretty much my favorite show on tv at the moment. Although Game of Thrones and Treme are pretty close.

A couple shows i've been meaning to start watching again from the beginning (once i've got the time) are the West Wing, X-Files and ER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

I'm excited for Breaking Bad to start again.

First season of Treme was awesome, I didn't love the stories as much as the music, neighborhoods, culture and food portrayed in the show. It made me really want to spend time in New Orleans. I havent started the second season yet.

Game of Thrones is amazing, the sets are gorgeous, the acting is great, the writing is great, the wardrobe is great, and the fight scenes are awesome. It's definitely one of my favorite show of all time, each episode got more enthralling and there was never a dull moment. I don't know if I can wait a year for season 2.

The Wire was really good, easily the best cop drama I've ever seen. I felt like it got a little muddled and uninteresting sometimes, but that may just be my fault, not paying enough attention. It's a shame though, that all my favorite characters fucking died.

I've been watching Deadwood most recently. It's a little hard for me to follow the dialogue sometimes, though that has more to do with me not paying enough attention again. Similar to the Wire, I feel like the last season of Deadwood is getting a little muddled. I'm not sure exactly what I mean by that, overcrowded maybe? Anyway, the show is great. It has some fantastic acting and also some not so fantastic acting. Al Swearengen is one of the most complex, well acted, interesting television characters of all time. He's definitely one of my favorites.

I watched the first season of X-Files not too long ago. I'd put an episode or two on when I was going to sleep. Most of them, while entertaining, are really dry and boring. I'd have a hard time finding where I left off because a lot of it just wasn't memorable. I hear it gets better in the later seasons (before the really late seasons where David Duchovny* left and it sucked). I remember really enjoying it as a kid, I just don't think it's a show that needs to or should be watched as a serial and in large quantities.

I plan on watching Spartacus and Carnivale soon. I have no idea what to expect from Spartacus, but I am excited as fuck for Carnival.

*Just finished Californication, wouldn't really group it with the rest of these, but it's pretty good, really funny.

Oh yeah, if you haven't seen it, watch OZ. HBO show about a special cell block in a maximum security prison. The first episode is basically an hour long movie, check it out, if you don't like it don't bother with the rest.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Breaking Bad's pretty awesome. So is Dexter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    If I had the power, I would finally grant your wish to be polls moderator. With no voting rights. Like the Washington DC of modship.
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyoff
    do you have boobs??? because in your picture it looks like you have. are you a boy or a girl?

The X Files gets really good from seasons 3-5. 6 is mixed, 7 is mixed leaning towards terrible. After that it's not worth it.

I'm really excited for Breaking Bad on Sunday. I'm also nervous for how dark it's supposed to be.

I can't get into Dexter. I've tried and it doesn't work for me.

Dexter seasons 1, 2, and 4 were great. The season with the DA or whatever and the most recent season just didn't hold my attention.
    I wrote a four word letter.

The two best shows in the U.S. is probably Psych and Burn Notice. Psy is a lively show, and the quality is fairly uniform. Burn Notice, Bruce Campbell.