Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: early soundboard offspring gig

Hey, cheers for posting this as well: i had no idea the band ever played a show with Fugazi; that's pretty rad.
    Last edited by jacknife737; 07-24-2011 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

wow those letters are fucking gold man thanks for sharing!
    My Guitars cover channel

Batman Ninja guitars ---- > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsu...mNXVmfkL4Mi32Q

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Hey, cheers for posting this as well: i had no idea the band ever played a show with Fugazi; that's pretty rad.
    I've seen Fugazi play but not with the Offspring. One of those notes from Greg has an Offspring flier on the other side, with Big Drill Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    wow those letters are fucking gold man thanks for sharing!
    You're welcome Its funny that I can't save anything but stuff like that I would just stuff into records which I've always taken good care of and now years later when I pull something out to spin it I'll find little things like that that I tucked away however many years ago.

They should have the intro on a dvd or CD something, Fucking Epic!
    The Offspring's Video Vault

awesome, awesome! (really enjoyed the green day joke at the beginning :P )

The guy he's talking about at the beginning is Devon Morf, he's a cool dude actually. Bay area punker, probably most known (relatively speaking) for his band 'All You Can Eat' but has had other bands since, 'What Happens Next' and I think his current hardcore band is called 'Conquest For Death.' Really funny and super nice guy though.

I once did a show with his band and some of their friends who were touring from Japan. Some locals didn't like his jokes and climbed on stage and beat the shit out of him during their set and broke one of their guitars in half, it was a real bummer, probably the worst thing I've ever seen happen at a punk rock show.

They subsequently put out a split EP with the Japanese band and the center label had a big picture of Devon's fucked up eye on it. I only recently realized that and took a picture of it here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jawhn/5342415075/

Dexter also mentions Jello Biafra being in the crowd during their set but I can't say I remember seeing him that night.

Whoa, this is some interesting stuff, thanks for uploading!