Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Debt Deal: Spending cuts, no new taxes for rich

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,367


    Default Debt Deal: Spending cuts, no new taxes for rich

    http://www.democracynow.org/2011/8/2...wrangling_wall

    What do you think?

    I think it's ridiculous that we didn't raise taxes on the rich, and that the Pentagon got 50 billion more than it expected. These actions are both indicative of persistent problems we have in this country.

    Also, I find it amazing that we can't do a way with corporate tax loopholes and "corporate welfare". I imagine the amount of public support for these loopholes is so minuscule that you would be hard pressed to find even one non-rich american who supports them. There seems to be a right wing effort to keep corporate tax loopholes out of the discussion. Look how Rush Limbaugh responds when a caller brings this up...he completely ignores it and changes the subject: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...112.guest.html
    Last edited by bighead384; 08-02-2011 at 11:45 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Nowhere, Ohio
    Posts
    5,641


    Default

    I've always felt like part of the reason why tax cuts for the rich aren't more popular is because pretty much everyone in this country is so convinced that they're going to be rich someday that they feel like they're discriminating against themselves by favoring them.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,367


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert View Post
    I've always felt like part of the reason why tax cuts for the rich aren't more popular is because pretty much everyone in this country is so convinced that they're going to be rich someday that they feel like they're discriminating against themselves by favoring them.
    This would be an interesting poll question: "How much do you see yourself earning per year if your career goes as planned?"

    Then perhaps the follow up could be something about tax policy.

    Personally, I'm not sure how common this mentality you've mentioned might be. It seems crazy to think that a lot of people think like this, but then again there's so much propaganda out there about "hard work=wealth" and America being the "land of opportunity" and whatnot, so I dunno.
    Last edited by bighead384; 08-02-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Vodka Belt
    Posts
    3,270


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    http://www.democracynow.org/2011/8/2...wrangling_wall

    What do you think?

    I think it's ridiculous that we didn't raise taxes on the rich, and that the Pentagon got 50 billion more than it expected. These actions are both indicative of persistent problems we have in this country.

    Also, I find it amazing that we can't do a way with corporate tax loopholes and "corporate welfare". I imagine the amount of public support for these loopholes is so minuscule that you would be hard pressed to find even one non-rich american who supports them. There seems to be a right wing effort to keep corporate tax loopholes out of the discussion. Look how Rush Limbaugh responds when a caller brings this up...he completely ignores it and changes the subject: http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...112.guest.html
    What are you saying!? I thought socialist ideas were illegal over there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Truth Avenue
    Posts
    563


    Default

    The rich pay way too much in taxes as it is. The top 20% of income earners in the US pay 80% of the taxes. The liberal cry babies need to shut their fucking pablum puking mouths and thank the rich for bearing the majority of the tax burden.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Nowhere, Ohio
    Posts
    5,641


    Default

    You're trying too hard.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Winnipeg/The GTA
    Posts
    5,784


    Default

    I for one thinks that mario needs to spend less time posting about taxes on the internet, and more time supporting the troops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Nowhere, Ohio
    Posts
    5,641


    Default

    He's such a liberal faggot.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fuckin' Bible belt....
    Posts
    1,361


    Default

    Yeah, how dare those fucking socialists! They actually expect to get the money they've been paying into Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid for their entire adult lives back in the form of benefits?! Fucking socialists! That money should go to pay for tax breaks for major corporations (on top of the Bush Tax cuts)! They deserve it way more!

    Remember kids, it's only socialism if poor people benefit from it. Jesus said so!
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Vodka Belt
    Posts
    3,270


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •