Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 College Football (and 2012 Bowl Games) Thread

Default Official 2011 College Football (and 2012 Bowl Games) Thread

Well it is a week late but here, the Pac-12 looks pretty awful. However, on a personal note, the Cal Bears look better than people think they will be. I was impressed despite some shakiness as is expected with so many new faces on the offense and a new running QB (our coach doesn't generally like running QBs). That said the D will propel us this year to a bowl game I think.

I'm excited. If we can make a good bowl and beat furd it'll be a success in my eyes.

That said Pac-12 faceplants again today with Arizona getting absolutely killed.

And my condolences to sarah in advance as ND tried to take a break by calling for some lightning from god but still couldn't beat USF.

So, who's going to National Title game this year?
    SEC the best conference?

Everyone enjoying watching the Big 12 absolutely implode?

I'm from Arkansas, so I'm all about the Western SEC. And then there's the whole A&M invitation. SEC is most definitely the best conference, and has been for some time now.

I've only gotten into football the last season, because it's the first season in pretty much literally my entire life when Arkansas has been any good. Or at least, the first time it's been SEC good in some decades. Not to say I'm only a fairweather fan, but there really was just no incentive for me to follow football without even the assurance that we could have at least one good season for every ten frustrated years of my life. We made a BCS Bowl last season, which was a first and a phenomenal achievement for us. It looks like Arkansas might be entering somewhat of a Golden Age.

Yeah, we got killed by Oklahoma State, but we were unranked, they were ninth in the nation, AND we were missing Juron Criner, our star receiver. I don't expect our team to be fabulous this year, but given the circumstances, I don't think we did half bad. I'm just waiting for basketball season now, at this point, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

We are! ND! We are! ND!

But seriously, I feel really bad for Dane Crist...to suck so publicly, then be permanently replaced as starter by an underclassman. Dang.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

holy cow that cal game was intense... 36-33 in overtime!

We may not be that great this year but we are playing with more heart and determination than we have the last couple years. Plus this Maynard kid doesn't buckle at QB like Longshore and Riley did.

Gonna be a fun year!

EDIT: Thomas - admittedly Foles still had a pretty good game. The pac-12 in general this year is not amazing so who knows.

Also to Omni I'll give you the SEC is better this year but usually I think they're overrated.
    Last edited by hshduppsnt; 09-10-2011 at 06:10 PM.

well you can tell this season has been somewhat of a disaster for most of our teams this season simply by the lack of comments in this thread.

arizona what happened against osu today?!

and Cal... good freakin god look like they're going to pull off the upset then just never come back out of the locker room after half time...

ugh.

Though i still say we beat USC this year!

I'll tell you what happened. We suck.

Is it basketball season yet?

Brian Kelly is one of my favorite ND coaches. He is hilarious, and he's done what he can. But he will inevitably be fired. Now, whether he'll get to finish the season, that's another story.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I'll tell you what happened. We suck.

Is it basketball season yet?
    Same here. My team is 1-4, stomped 17-45 yesterday, 0-58 last week. Jesus.

Seriously, is it basketball season yet? In the meantime, I'll just stick to the NFL. The Packers are still awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Well, Head Coach Mike Stoops was fired today. I've had mixed feelings about it, but I think it was the right thing to do, at least at this point in the season. Better to have closure than to have the team wondering about it for the rest of the season.