Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 College Football (and 2012 Bowl Games) Thread

firing mike stoops was a retarded thing to do. The legacy he started there and hell even the stoops brand name is dumb to let go. Now watch him make magic happen wherever he goes as an assistant or even coordinator at whatever school he'll end up at. (iowa plz replace ken okeefe with stoops as offensive coordinator.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthz View Post
    Good thread.

He was 41-50 in his career here, and he never got us past 8 wins in a season... I wouldn't exactly call that magic, especially considering how weak the Pac-12 has been the past couple years. It was time for him to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    He was 41-50 in his career here, and he never got us past 8 wins in a season... I wouldn't exactly call that magic, especially considering how weak the Pac-12 has been the past couple years. It was time for him to leave.
    agreed. In all honesty it was short sighted of Arizona to fire its previous coach and hire stoops. That said He was entertaining to watch, you never knew when his head was going to just straight explode.

Both Zona and UCLA (whenever they get around to firing neuheisel) worry me depending on who they get to replace their coach. Tedford needs to right the ship at Cal and fast.

Hopefully it starts with a win against sc tomorrow

fuuuuuuuuuuccckkkkk!

it's bad enough we are losing but the manner in which we are losing is frustrating. We make crapy teams like SC look good and that's because we make fourty thousand mistakes. What happened to tedford? this team still hasn't recovered from the kevin riley mistake in 2007 when we were a play away from becoming #1 in the country...

depressing...

Well, the SEC is stomping ass as usual, and Arkansas is #10. Life is good.

Are you there, God? It's me, 1565. Please let ND stomp USC on the 22nd. I don't want Coach Kelly to get fired.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Are you there, God? It's me, 1565. Please let ND stomp USC on the 22nd. I don't want Coach Kelly to get fired.
    I'm sure most of the pac-12 could get behind that too ! But I won't say anything because my support often appears to be more negative than positive these days haha

Well, this is most certainly disappointing, and a little shocking. Arkansas is getting worked over by Ole Miss right now. They're like the first or second worst team in the SEC, and Arkansas is about as good as it's ever been in the conference. I have faith that we'll prevail by the end of the game, but being 10-17 in the third quarter is pretty pathetic. It'll be hard to overtake them with no momentum. But, we were in a similar situation with Texas A&M, and we won. Actually, the A&M predicament was slightly worse.

I don't think there have been any real upsets in the SEC this season. One is certainly due, but I sure hope it's not this one. Ole Miss is pretty god-awful this year. And it burns twice as hot being vs. Nutt and all.

Edit: Right about the time I post that, we tie it up 17-17. Whew.

Well, we obliterated UCLA, so that gives me some hope for this season, although UCLA is definitely crap this year. Looks like the only real teams we have left are ASU and Washington. I think we can pull an upset on both teams, if not, then maybe only one. I remain hopeful.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

To begin: I'm truly sorry, Sarah. I'm not a fan of either USC or Notre Dame, but I'm significantly less of a fan of USC for screwing over Mitch Mustain like they did. I was pullin' for ol' ND.

Next: How about Texas Tech taking Oklahoma to the woodshed? Upset of the season for sure. Arkansas will move up to #7 thanks to Wisconsin and Oklahoma losing to unranked teams. It's starting to get interesting. Also, my #2 team, Texas A&M were victorious. Good week.