Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 College Football (and 2012 Bowl Games) Thread

Well, no one has posted in this in quite awhile. Who's rooting for who later this week? Anyone going to watch/attend the LSU and Alabama game? Supposed to be a Game of the Century.

This saturday's game is Arizona's homecoming, so I'm going to be busy all day, unfortunately. I am really curious to see how that game turns out, though.

Also, did anyone catch last week's Stanford game? Completely insane. I hope Stanford takes the national title.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

You know what? I said days before that game even started that Stanford was going to lose, and no one believed me. Took Stanford three fucking overtimes to beat USC.

I don't know about Stanford, man. I know they're theoretically a terrifically tough team this year, but they (along with Clemson and Boise State) have such horrible schedules this year. Compared to their skill level, they're all playing nothing but creampuff teams.

USC seemed kind of like a dark horse to me. They're not half bad this year, and they're the best team Stanford had played thus far. I thought for sure they were going to lose because it seems like their entire season up now (and the only really good team they have left is Oregon, and another USC situation with Notre Dame) have just been warmup games. You can't play almost your entire season versus sub-par teams or the first real one you meet is going to give you a culture shock.

Oklahoma State is going to have to lose before Stanford can bid for the National Title anyway. OK-State is going to be playing some pretty tough teams pretty soon, so it could definitely happen.

I find it kind of funny that Houston has a similar schedule, except even worse. They're going to probably win out 12-0, and then win their bowl game and finish as a Top 10 BCS team without ever playing one single team even close to being ranked. I don't know if they're lucky for being able to do so well without even trying, or unlucky for being so freakishly good and not having the chance to really test themselves.

^ Stanfurd sucks and has yet to play anyone. I don't believe in them and hope nothing more than to see them lose at this point because frankly Cal lost to UCLA and I don't know what else to cheer for out of my bears any more

Well, I don't get it. Alabama loses and falls one whole rank, and Arkansas wins a convincing and decisive victory against another top ten team and we also fall a rank. We just can't seem to get past that No. 7 barrier.

Our only shot at break our ranking record and maybe getting a BCS bowl is the LSU game coming up in three weeks. I'm actually pretty hopeful for it. I know absolutely no one expects Arkansas to win since LSU is so hot this year - and odds are we won't - but they're a better team than us literally every single year, and we seem to win half the time and scare the shit out of them the other half. We've won four of the past five vs. them. I don't know why, but Arkansas seems to be fueled by some unholy flame vs. LSU. We just have their number. Still, they're about due for a win vs. us, so maybe I'll just have to wait for next season.

Amazing, just amazing. I know everyone else has given up on their teams, so I'm just talking to myself. But Holy Mother of God. Three teams above us lose while we beat Mississippi State. Arkansas will be No. 3 tomorrow. The top three teams in the nation are all SEC, and we will play for the National Title if we beat LSU next week. History, right there.

I dunno. ASU just beat U of A. I don't know what that means. I don't know football.

It means jack shit to anyone in the Top 25. Those are both unranked teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythe Death View Post
    I dunno. ASU just beat U of A. I don't know what that means. I don't know football.
    False. We beat those ASU "Scum-devils" as us wildcats like to call 'em. That was a hell of a game played by a mediocre wildcat team, and my boys definitely earned that win after a long season. The U of A section where the band was sitting was going ballistic after the clock reached 0:00. It was insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    False. We beat those ASU "Scum-devils" as us wildcats like to call 'em. That was a hell of a game played by a mediocre wildcat team, and my boys definitely earned that win after a long season. The U of A section where the band was sitting was going ballistic after the clock reached 0:00. It was insane.
    congrats dude it was good to see. Hopefully Cal can beat ASU too on friday and get to a better bowl game.

I'm heart broken about our 31-28 loss to furd. On the one hand a loss is a loss and i HATE losing to those guys but on the other hand it was a hell of a game.