Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Official 2011 College Football (and 2012 Bowl Games) Thread

oh man... in 2004 Texas begged for votes from coaches, openly politicking to steal a rose bowl bid from #4 cal (who was 1 play away from beating #1 usc, our only loss). Texas went on to win the rose bowl and win the national title the next year. Cal would come close again in 2006 and would be a play away from #1 in the country in 2007 before imploding.

We haven't been good since.

we've been patient, we've been polite, we always say the right things blah blah blah, but now it's time for vengeance.

Holiday Bowl. 2011. Dec 28. 5pm ESPN. Cal. Texas. It's On!

edit: it would've been Cal's first rose bowl bid since 1953. Also I feel old because I was a 2nd year at Cal in 2004

I love how Texas loses while ranked #22 and remains ranked at #24 with five losses. Some things there are just no excuses for.

I'm proud of Arkansas this year. our only losses were to the unanimous #1 and #2 teams in the country. I think our chances versus Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl are looking good. Speaking of Kansas State, how about their outright BCS Bowl snub? I understand that Arkansas got the shaft due to a dumb policy, but there's just no excuse for Kansas State getting screwed like that.

And I hope California kills Texas and knocks them off the grid for good. Who am I kidding? They could lose by three TDs and drop from #24 to #25.

I'll be watching the Rose Bowl as I'll be in Oregon at the time. Sorry to hear that everyone else supports a shitty team. Better luck next time guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    I'll be watching the Rose Bowl as I'll be in Oregon at the time. Sorry to hear that everyone else supports a shitty team. Better luck next time guys!
    hahaha... haha... ha.ha.... *siiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhh*

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post

I'm sure LSU and USC are very impressed with the Mighty Ducks. Seriously though, they are going to slap Wisconsin's ass 'til it's Barbie Pink.

My big10 pride has greatly diminished since I graduated and stopped attending a big10 school... we really are a shit conference when it comes to football. The west and south kick big10 teams' asses all over the field. What really gets me going is how WisconSIN fans get so incredibly cocky when the BADgers reach the rose bowl... yet it's rare that they actually win their bowl games. There's a lack of realization that winning the big10 is really not much to be proud of.

I'll never stop being a Minnesota Golden Gopher fan, because I do have a pretty strong connection to my alma mater. But it doesn't bother me anymore when we lose.

And hey, thank god for NCAA basketball... and the NFL. Those are a couple areas we pretty much kick ass in.

PS: Go Oregon. Fuck the BADgers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk