Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Offspring considered for The Big 4 of '90s Punk Rock tour

Default The Offspring considered for The Big 4 of '90s Punk Rock tour

According to Ultimate-Guitar.com, fans of Facebook have created page called "The Big 4 of '90s Punk Rock" and it's mentioning that they want The Offspring, Bad Religion, Green Day and Rancid to tour together.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...punk_tour.html

I'm pretty sure this is a rumor or just some joke. I'm glad I'm not one of those guys who started these rumors.

That'd be really fucking cool actually, especially if the set list contained nothing but their 90's era album material.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

They should add NOFX to that, they had a pretty popular record in '94.

Yeah, man. The Offspring should totally do this and play only material from their first three albums. Each of the bands could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex101 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is a rumor or just some joke. I'm glad I'm not one of those guys who started these rumors.
    Yes, the article is fake. There isn't really a Facebook group. Oh wait, yes there is, it's linked in the article.

Next time on breaking news: Somebody on Twitter suggests to @offspring that they tour in South America.
    My new album "Carnival of Monsters" is out now! Go listen to it and post in the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDude View Post
    Enough is enough. If you don't stop, I will stab you all to death! Now get the fuck outta here!

Here's the link to the Facebook page if anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The...541976?sk=wall

that would be awesome to se The Offspring and Rancid together!

That would definitely be awesome. But, I don't really see the relevance of this, I mean, isn't it obvious that it's just some random fans that created a page for something that they would like see happen, it doesn't mean that there's any negotiation or whatsoever. It's really obvious that this isn't relevant to any of the bands mentioned. Fans are like that, they like to dream about stuff, such as a tour like that, and sometimes they create Facebook pages or campaigns (The Lightning Rod one, for example), sometimes it works, and most of the time it doesn't.

There are only 326 people in this group, I'm surprised that ultimate-guitar.com would post something like this, but I understand it's just to help out the page. But even not ultimate-guitar.com mentions a "rumour", I don't understand why people in this boards would.

Although I think it's very unlikely that something like that would happen, I see no harm in at least spreading the word.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPX View Post
    Next time on breaking news: Somebody on Twitter suggests to @offspring that they tour in South America.
    Ha, I thought the same thing too.

Ahahah, Rancid?!? Come on, NOFX is the biggest and most important punk band out there, and it's been that way from years! Bad Religion is an influential band for NOFX too, but Rancid is nothing compared to them.

The Big Four of Thrash Metal features 4 bands which in 1986 released historical Thrash records which are still considered the top after so many years.
    At the same way, apart Bad Religion (which pretty much is the band that invented the classic "So-Cal" punk-rock sound), the Big Four of Punk Rock should feature bands which released important records in 1994 (which for Punk Rock is what 1986 was for Thrash Metal): "Smash" is still on the Guinnes World Record as the best-selling record of all time for an independent label, "Punk In Drublic" contains some of the best NOFX's songs and fans favorite and "Dookie" is the record that started modern pop-punk (I obviously know that it was invented by The Ramones, but between them and Green Day there hasn't been anything big like that), so it's 4 influential band. Rancid has some good songs (only punk, I never stand their ska stuff) but didn't create or re-invented anything or never being influential like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    460 fans? That page is very popular.
    It blew up to 496 (OMG) members now!

So yeah, they've announced the first date (30th February 2012, Pyongyang), and the tickets are already on pre-sale.

For the love of General Offspring Discussion (aka GOD), don't take this post seriously in any way