Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Offspring considered for The Big 4 of '90s Punk Rock tour

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    ...because it's fake, yes?
    Totally fake.

And in case some of you were wondering, I'm not the one who created that Facebook page.

Don't mean to bump this thread but I just saw this question on Yahoo.com.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2070649AA2aILE
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Default the big 4 of 90's punk rock tour

the offspring
    tsol
    vandals
    pennywise
    bad religion
    social distortion

#mybucketlist

If you want to put exact numbers on it, here are some RIAA-based stats, from the bands' respective signature albums of the 90s:
    • Dookie (Green Day) - 10x Platinum
    • Smash (The Offspring) - 6x Platinum
    • …And Out Come the Wolves (Rancid) - Platinum
    • Stranger Than Fiction (Bad Religion) - Gold
    • Drunk in Public (NOFX) - Gold

The person who made the list excluded NOFX because they "didn't have the same popularity" as the others. Though they're really not too far off from Bad Religion's Stranger Than Fiction in terms of record sales. But that's not the point; there's multiple variables that go into what makes a band truly memorable that can't possibly be assigned a number (i.e. influence, cult following, audience, etc.). Then again, the true meaning of the list is to appeal to the mainstream, and deliver a lineup of bands that would be most recognizable to the public, not necessarily punk enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    The person who made the list excluded NOFX because they "didn't have the same popularity" as the others. Though they're really not too far off from Bad Religion's Stranger Than Fiction in terms of record sales. But that's not the point; there's multiple variables that go into what makes a band truly memorable that can't possibly be assigned a number (i.e. influence, cult following, audience, etc.). Then again, the true meaning of the list is to appeal to the mainstream, and deliver a lineup of bands that would be most recognizable to the public, not necessarily punk enthusiasts.
    The creator of this Big 4 obviously doesn't know exactly who was popular or not. NOFX have been popular for a long time and got the recognition The Offspring, Green Day, Rancid and Bad Religion deserved during the 90's. If I created my own Big 4, I would include NOFX instead of Bad Religion, who I think should actually be in the Big 4 of 80's Punk Rock instead.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulce Maria View Post
    the offspring
    tsol
    vandals
    pennywise
    bad religion
    social distortion

#mybucketlist
    That would be "The Big 6 of 80's and 90's Punk Rock" lol