Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Occupy wall st

Those who obey an orders even if they (orders) are wrong or stupid can be blame for the most part of evil in this world.

Miners on billboards, top models to coal mines!

Well that's easy as shit to say. What the fuck do you know about following orders? What about being ordered to do something wrong because it feels necessary and will improve things?

Yeah, pardon the guy who gave the orders. Fuck the lower ranks, they should've known better.

In other words, HELLO WORLD! I'M A REBEL (for at least as long as it's easy)
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

yeah, the "following orders" thing is always such a gray area: the NY Times an a recent story that during the libyan uprising: that said that several of Gaddafi's "female bodyguards" were often frequent victims of rape/sexual assault as a way to "keep them in line": things are never black and white.

Also: with regards to the thread topic: didn't this thing happen on a sunday? Wouldn't Monday morning, when the financial district is actually you know, full of people be a better time to make your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    http://gothamist.com/2011/09/25/vide...ce.php#photo-1

Fucking cops. Watch this video of police brutality.
    I didn't watch but I doubt there's much in there that qualifies as police brutality. I'm guessing some weak ass limp wristed liberal is refusing to leave someone else's property after several warnings and eventually gets dealt with proper. Liberal starts screaming like a fairy and a bunch of gutless neo-hippies say "this is all on film, it's going on youtube" Fuck em.

I'm just glad we finally have *actual* protesters, instead of that limp-dick Tea Party. And now that the unions are backing the protest (and I heard Chomsky was showing support for the movement as well, especially relevant since he's been asking why the left isn't doing things like this since around the Tea Party's inception), it might actually go somewhere.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

wheelchairman. -.-' I can only imagine how hard it is when you have your loan, familiy, career or even life, and when you risk it daring to question rules or orders that are wrong or stupid and won't do no good for anybody. Those who do it, in spite of everything, all the more, are my heroes.

Not to make lower ranks responsible for everything, but yes, fuck their ignorance.

What about being ordered to do something wrong because it feels necessary and will improve things?
    There's a reasonable example? Seriously?

It was on sunday? Hey.

ps.I was always ignoring that Tea Party thread or something, I'll check it out now.
    Last edited by personal_loans_1; 03-12-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Why is gambling illegal in the US, but the stock market isn't? Losing other people's money is legal, but losing one's own money on a bet is illegal, is it?
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

Quote Originally Posted by Offspring-Junkie View Post
    Why is gambling illegal in the US, but the stock market isn't? Losing other people's money is legal, but losing one's own money on a bet is illegal, is it?
    I'm pretty sure it's only illegal to gamble online...

Just because Chomsky's on someone's side doesn't make their position inherently legitimate. He has some phenomenally naive views on the workings of socio-political power, something he seems to gain from his radical approach to transformational linguistics - based in part on the 'ability to learn' shown by human beings. The problem with academics like that in any social science is that they tend to bleed these same systems into other aspects of human life, and that these aren't necessarily valid comparisons. He has a debate with Michel Foucault on the subject, and despite its content as an academic debate on human nature, I can't help but think it gives insight into Chomsky's understanding of political processes.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Yeah, Chomsky, you gotta have some respect for him. I checked top 100 public intellectuals on wikipedia. I liked some and some just not. If I remember correctly, politically he is anarcho-syndicalist or whatever. It doesn't sound good. If you are not centrist, you are almost dead to me.

Occupy Wallstreet people are bunch of hippies who should win elections properly. They only make it worse so far.