Thread: Cystic Acne and Blackheads

Default Cystic Acne and Blackheads

So I know, it is kind of gross, but I have a huge problem with it. I feel like I have tried dozens of face washes and almost every home remedy but I haven't found something that works. I have really bad cystic acne and I am extremely prone to getting blackheads on my nose and chin(and recently my cheeks). I thought that once I was 20 and not a teen anymore it would get better but it is only getting worse. I don't know if it is from being nervous about finals or what but it is horrible. Now it is actually really painful in some spots.

So do any of you guys have a similar problem and have any of you guys fixed a similar problem? If so, what did you do? I have checked the internet. My doctor even gave me special face soap but it didn't help. Any ideas on what I should do?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Reading this thread made me throw up.
    Because I'm already sick and the color scheme must have set me off. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Also, sometimes I'm not sober. Sometimes I make threads when I'm not sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    You're too late. I've already infiltrated the Offspring forums. Next, it's the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Cranking it into a red solo cup while watching 40 year old re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie all the while snorting black pepper and knocking back shots of Jack.

I love Biore. Right now I'm using pore uunclogging scrub. I have noticed a difference. My face feels smoother and I noticed my blackheads have shrunk. Biore's pore cleansing charcoal scrub is good too. I heard that Garnier blackhead charcoal scrub is good. Haven't tried it yet but after I'm done using my face wash I'll try Garnier's.

I'd suggest face strip / nose strip patches for the blackheads and benzoyl peroxide products for acne treatment.
    Have you considered taking birth control pills yet?
    Turn the lights on.

OTC treatments won't really help, as the infection is deep and not on the surface like a regular pimple.

For the blackheads, try changing your pillowcase literally every day. My sister has major skin issues. Doing this makes a huge difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Have you tried with Aloe Vera or chamomile tea or glycerin soap or tea from the leaves of guava tree? I didn't have a big acne problem but the tea from the leaves of guava tree was the best thing I tried for acne.

I'm sorry for you, that sounds like an annoying ailment. Any kind of skin issue looks repulsive and I can feel how uncomfortable and angry and desperate it could make you - I've just looked at pictures. Take a deep breath, stress really is your enemy and you must stay calm.

I'm not sure what would help, but severe inflammations of this kind need cleansing and smoothing as well as more drastic treatments. There are hormone ones, antibiotics, ... and also, strange as this would seem to you, laser surgery. My grandmother had that and it purified her skin so completely she looked transformed - she endured the surgery in her late teens, from what I recall. From greasy and pimply it turned into smooth and dry. To this day.