Thread: Hardest skill

Default Hardest skill

What would you say is the hardest skill you've ever mastered?
    It could be either intellectual or physical. Just name the one subject you've put a lot of work into and that you're now proud of.

Cool

Trolling, playing on nerves and making a dead bbs alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.

Really? I'd always thought you were a natural.

Physically - painting, I guess. I always loved drawing and art, and despite a lot of doubt (in myself and by others (namely my mom)), I am now selling paintings whenever I get the time (and motivation!). I still have confidence issues here, and don't really know how much I should charge, but I'm getting there. And it's a lovely feeling, someone paying for a painting you did!

Intellectually - Over the summer I had to relearn Old English (as I had only kind of learned it when I was 19), and now I'm teaching it to 2nd year university students and hoping to God they don't ask me something I don't know. I don't think I ever had a great flare for languages, but I've managed to get a pretty good grasp at this.

*flair

My dichotomy was a tad silly. Either way, there's a good deal to be said about the intellectual side of painting, I think...

As a young teacher, I don't see the shame in not knowing something you're asked. Relax.

Running. I'm not really good at it but it gets better and better and I enjoy it more and more. Maybe I'm not able
    to run a marathon yet but hopefully someday I'll get there.
    Turn the lights on.

When it comes to jogging and long-distance running I'm hopeless. A 10-min trot leaves me breathing like an asthmatic.

However I've always been a fast sprinter. I suppose it all comes down to natural aptitudes... you just have to take the path of least resistance.

Note: I've never smoked, however I did have asthma as a child. It's gone, now, but I think it left my lungs weakish... that's the only reason I can see, that and people say you have to learn to breathe, perhaps I've never truly learnt and my breath is too erratic or what have you.
    Last edited by Duskygrin; 4 Days Ago at 07:02 PM.