Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter Holland is one of the worst vocalists ever?

Default Funny!

Well this list is funny - for that guy these are the worst singers, but for others they could be the best ever!

And for me Dexter is The Best singer and songwriter ever!

PS - Noodles is The Best guitarist, Greg K is the best bass player and Pete is The Best drummer. All together in The Offspring is The Best Band Ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Welcome to the club. Congratulations!

lol, I'm not sure that I disagree.

I really love the Offspring and Dexter's voice fits very well in the context of their music. (And Dexter's voice is one of the reason I really don't like Kristy)

But yeah, he's definitely not what I consider a great vocalist.

It doesn't matter though. E from the Eels is not a great vocalist either but his music is not less perfect because of it.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Quote Originally Posted by danitanev View Post
    Well this list is funny - for that guy these are the worst singers, but for others they could be the best ever!

And for me Dexter is The Best singer and songwriter ever!

PS - Noodles is The Best guitarist, Greg K is the best bass player and Pete is The Best drummer. All together in The Offspring is The Best Band Ever!
    Don't worry you'll stop thinking that some time around turning 16.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Yeah but how good is that source. I get that it's NME but whatever. Most of those singers are good singers. Michael Jackson is awesome! Bob Dylan is awesome. Amy Lee, too... I mean, really....

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    Don't worry you'll stop thinking that some time around turning 16.
    No, they are the best and people said the same stuff to me... I am 17 and I still think so!

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm 23 (next month) and I still love the band almost as much as I ever did. It's just that anyone that sincerely claims they're the best band in the world is delusional. For a plethora of reasons. I know it's just a turn of phrase though, and I'm pretty sure the person I quoted probably wasn't taking it so literally.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Not everyone has an objective view of music... I know people who believe Nickelback is the best ever... people who actually study music and take it seriously are able to distinguish between music they love... and music that takes an extreme amount of talent.

Dexter is objectively a pretty bad singer. The band isn't really technically skilled on their instruments. Doesn't mean I don't love their songs and their energy, though. I don't even always like music that's technically awesome and involves really talented musicians. That's not always the most important. But yeah, Dex is not a particularly great singer. I love his voice, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    Not everyone has an objective view of music... I know people who believe Nickelback is the best ever... people who actually study music and take it seriously are able to distinguish between music they love... and music that takes an extreme amount of talent.

Dexter is objectively a pretty bad singer. The band isn't really technically skilled on their instruments. Doesn't mean I don't love their songs and their energy, though. I don't even always like music that's technically awesome and involves really talented musicians. That's not always the most important. But yeah, Dex is not a particularly great singer. I love his voice, though.
    I'm with you. I don't know why but I love his "studio" voice. But he's crap live. We have to admit it. But he knows how to do music and has (had?) creativity.
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

Quote Originally Posted by RonWelty View Post
    I'm with you. I don't know why but I love his "studio" voice. But he's crap live. We have to admit it. But he knows how to do music and has (had?) creativity.
    Agreed here. He's got creative talent, and he's good at writing some damn good energetic music with interesting lyrics. His voice suits the music, but he's definitely lacking live and sounds awful when his voice is bared in slower songs, like Kristy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I didn't know half of those people on that list. But I agree with dylan being kind of a shitty singer to me at least. In the early days it was nasally and whiney, now it sounds like there's something caught in his throat and he's trying to cough it up, but he's got some weird phlem coming up. Great songwriter though.
    I kinda agree with the writer about dexter, yea he's technically kind of meh, but it doesn't mean it sucks. It's his opinion who gives a fuck. I love music journalism like that.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Still Dexter voice is pretty fitting on his type of music, I can't imagine many songs sounding as good as they do sung by anyone else. Dexter's voice may not be very good but he's an excelent song writter though