Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter Holland is one of the worst vocalists ever?

He IS the Offspring like Graffin IS BR and Ness IS SD. None are good singers but they're voices are unique and without it I wouldn't like those bands
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

I didn't read all the comments but it doesn't matter... I think Dexter skills live improved a lot. we really can't compare a 97 video with a 2011 one. he's way of singing is really different from others. and that list is stupid... he's a punk rock singer... I don't know if he has ever took singing lesson after the success but I'm sure that a big part if not all the others did..
    I don't think you can compare him with any on that list. As many have said it's not a technical band and we like it this way.
    in the end it's just taste... everyone has his.. this list won't hurt any of them as it wouldn't if it had been the best 10...

Whatever ... doesn't have to be "perfect" (whatever that is). Like has already been said it's punk and not the opera. Ness doesn't have a "perfect" voice too as doesn't Campino for that matter. Still they are all pretty successful with what they're doing

This article is stupid. But Dexter does have a unique voice, it's kind of love it or hate it.

Has Dexter ever had any professional training or lessons of any kind? He's pretty good for a guy who just picked up a mic, if that's the case. I personally do think he's a good singer, by any standard. Just not versatile enough to be a great one.

And as far as not being good at their instruments. I'd say Noodles seems like an above-average guitarist.

I've heard Dexter messing up some parts live enough times to say he's not a great vocalist, but I'd never say he's pretty bad. Don't forget he sings pretty high, even if key is a little lower on lives, it's hard anyway. And that's a big + to quality of the voice in general. And yeah, I wouldn't limit their skills by music they play. Btw, are there any records of Noodles playing some other classical shit like in 'Meet Noodles'? Anyone knows?

I didn't see Macy Gray on that list!! Whoever wrote that article doesn't know what the hell he's talking about hahaha

These kind of lists comes and goes... as many opinions as people.

To me he's pretty much superiorously sovereign in this business... I don't care if he's off the scale sometimes or something, it's the fucking energy that he creates! You can't describe it in words, just go listen to "All I Want" live and you'll feel it.

I actually often think listening to other songs by some other bands that 'oh man wish Dexter would sing this, how much cooler it would even sound'.

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    Don't worry you'll stop thinking that some time around turning 16.
    Thanks I'm almost 29! Well I like them anyway and if you don't - What the hell are you doing here?
    No seriously I just like them the most - the sound, the lyrics, etc. You don't have to take all the words in my first post here literally as you said! But you understood what I meant - that's nice!
    Last edited by danitanev; 12-13-2011 at 12:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Welcome to the club. Congratulations!

figaro figaro figaro
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fHCkgaP9XQ

better than pavarotti